• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Funny book of the year 2013 - Everyone can vote!

405 posts in this topic

3 great books Gino. I'm probably in the minority but I like the Flash #7 the best.

Rather the reverse - it's wonderful isn't it?

Yes, it is wonderful.

The graceful girl, the wing sweeping down above her head.

No matter how often you try to warn them, these girls insist on being on mountaintops with maniacs! What can you do? (shrug)

3 great books Gino. I'm probably in the minority but I like the Flash #7 the best.

Yes, it is wonderful.

No matter how often you try to warn them, these girls insist on being on mountaintops with maniacs! What can you do? (shrug)

Hang on dear, I'm coming!

Yes, it is wonderful.

lol thats a hilariously truthful observation...thanks guys!!!! Flash #7 pretty much has everything you could dream of in a funny book cover...You cant help but root for Hawkman...When Shelly laid out this cover he added the perfect amount of suspense and atmosphere to it. Plus who are we kiddin...without our winged Hero that Babe has no chance of ever making it all the way down that mountaintop in those high heels :grin: What was she thinkin!!!? hm

Some fabulous books posted so far!

Now that the end of year auctions are soon to be over it might be a good time to plug this thread once again.

If I get time over the weekend I'll summarize the books and posters to date with page links.

I will confess I was hoping to encourage everyone to post by saying only those posting could vote.

That quite evidently hasn't had the desired effect so I will own that one.

Checked with Billy because he is wise and he agrees we should open up the voting so everyone can join in - hey it's Christmas right?

So I will sneak back to the first page and adjust the guide.

Let me just grab a slice of humble pie and I'll be on it.

Now that the end of year auctions are soon to be over it might be a good time to plug this thread once again.

If I get time over the weekend I'll summarize the books and posters to date with page links.

I will confess I was hoping to encourage everyone to post by saying only those posting could vote.

Checked with Billy because he is wise and he agrees we should open up the voting so everyone can join in - hey it's Christmas right?

If I were going to suggest one rule enhancement it would be to allow early posters one book exchange before the deadline, allowing for any fortuitous acquisitions made during the key auction cycle. Early participants shouldn't be penalized for enthusiasm. No one knows how end-of-year featured auctions will play out or what might come available at the last minute.

Allowing for one substitution might remedy this. Otherwise, technically, some books won't be enterable this year or next. Just sayin'. My 2c

If I were going to suggest one rule enhancement it would be to allow early posters one book exchange before the deadline, allowing for any fortuitous acquisitions made during the key auction cycle. Early participants shouldn't be penalized for enthusiasm. No one knows how end-of-year featured auctions will play out or what might come available at the last minute.

Allowing for one substitution might remedy this. Otherwise, technically, some books won't be enterable this year or next. Just sayin'. My 2c

Who am I to say thee nay? Even if you do look more like Thor than me?

To do that:

1. change the original post

2. tell us it happened

I'll figure it all out somehow.

To do that:

2. tell us it happened

I have edited mine and swapped out one book

To do that:

2. tell us it happened

Cool - it can only improve the outcome. (Good call Cat.)

To do that:

2. tell us it happened

Cool - it can only improve the outcome. (Good call Cat.)

Grrrrrr....snarl.....grrrrr...

image_zpse74fe816.jpg

To do that:

2. tell us it happened

[font:Times New Roman]Thank Thee! thorc.gif

DONE! :banana:

My much loved Mystic has been vanquished by an evil doctor.[/font] :insane: