• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Shiller Speaks

1,120 posts in this topic

Well, this thread is a pleasant surprise. I know that you're not the only person that shills their auctions but to come clean like this takes big cahunas but it's satisfying as heck.

I'm sure everyone is going to appreciate it.

Congrats on finding your way! Feels great, doesn't it?

And about this apology thread. Do you really think he would have come forward begging for forgiveness if he hadn't been brought up to be put in the Hall of Shame just a few hours ago? The timing of this thread seems very suspect.

Actually, Joe, no I had no idea about the HoS discussion. I had been working on this post on and off since this whole thing went down.

If you had been working on this post since you got busted, then why were you denying that you knew that shilling your own auctions was wrong when you were called out about it? Yet in this thread's first post, you state that you knew all along shilling was wrong?

Once a liar, always a liar.

Yes you're 100% right.

In the honest of full disclosure and honesty, yes at first I denied it. I straight up lied, I pretended to "be a noob" and not know about shilling. This was BS and we all knew it.

I didn't know what to do or how to react. I felt embarrassed, I could continue but that's not the point of this thread.

The reason I'm doing this thread - is that genuinely love these boards, I love these discussions, and I love the members. I want to be a part of it. I'm trying to make things right. I know that will take a long time and I hope I can do that.

And its not financial at all, I could leave and tke my sales to ebay if I wanted, I'm taking my lashings because I WANT to be here, and I want to prove that I deserve to be, as a member, forget being a seller/buyer.

Then swear to us you WILL NOT SELL OR BUY till you have redeemed yourself

and that is likely not to happen for years

:(

Then swear to us you WILL NOT SELL OR BUY till you have redeemed yourself

and that is likely not to happen for years

:(

I can promise you this... I will not sell for a lengthy period of time and ONLY after I feel like I've redeemed myself and have won the trust of a few guys who I had originally lost. And long after I have at least tried to make it up to the people who I have wronged first - namely Kevin.J and Bosco for starters.

I guess I am going to be the only one that says "a person cannot change who they really are". Look forward to your next "mistake".

You've never needed a second chance? Ever? (shrug)

I'm not going to say he's a changed man because only time will tell that but your post is like on the Christmas turkey with everyone watching at the table. lol

Except this isn't his second chance.

I'm all for people trying to redeem themselves, but I doubt his sincerity. His past actions spoke a lot louder than this "apology".

You're right joe, and I don't expect you to come around any time soon if at all. This apology was not meant to magically regain trust, it was simply me attempting to come clean and promise that I will do better from here on out.

Good luck. (thumbs u

It's not like he came clean without being busted. Take a step back hippie

Oh, I know Chris. Still, everyone gets there in different ways, right? Some people get busted and learn the lesson, others make the decision before they're busted.

Still, as the old Chinese proverb says, a 1000 mile journey starts with the first step.

This is just step 1, nothing more. We'll see where he ends up.

Holy cow, I didn't know you spoke Chinese too!! (worship)

Well, this thread is a pleasant surprise. I know that you're not the only person that shills their auctions but to come clean like this takes big cahunas but it's satisfying as heck.

I'm sure everyone is going to appreciate it.

Congrats on finding your way! Feels great, doesn't it?

And about this apology thread. Do you really think he would have come forward begging for forgiveness if he hadn't been brought up to be put in the Hall of Shame just a few hours ago? The timing of this thread seems very suspect.

Actually, Joe, no I had no idea about the HoS discussion. I had been working on this post on and off since this whole thing went down.

If you had been working on this post since you got busted, then why were you denying that you knew that shilling your own auctions was wrong when you were called out about it? Yet in this thread's first post, you state that you knew all along shilling was wrong?

Once a liar, always a liar.

Yes you're 100% right.

In the honest of full disclosure and honesty, yes at first I denied it. I straight up lied, I pretended to "be a noob" and not know about shilling. This was BS and we all knew it.

I didn't know what to do or how to react. I felt embarrassed, I could continue but that's not the point of this thread.

The reason I'm doing this thread - is that genuinely love these boards, I love these discussions, and I love the members. I want to be a part of it. I'm trying to make things right. I know that will take a long time and I hope I can do that.

And its not financial at all, I could leave and tke my sales to ebay if I wanted, I'm taking my lashings because I WANT to be here, and I want to prove that I deserve to be, as a member, forget being a seller/buyer.

Some will never trust you again. Some see the good in people and believe in redemption (Roy :hi: ) and many will fall somewhere in between. Best suggestion is to avoid selling here for a good while, and perhaps buy a few books and pay quickly.

Some will never trust you again. Some see the good in people and believe in redemption (Roy :hi: ) and many will fall somewhere in between. Best suggestion is to avoid selling here for a good while, and perhaps buy a few books and pay quickly.

Now there is some good advice! (thumbs u

Now there is some good advice! (thumbs u

+1 Amazing advice thanks humantorch

*disclaimer, I agree that "future's" behavior is highly questionable and I would have reluctance dealing with him in the future (no pun intended) and probably would never buy anything from him. that being said...

not sure if it's common when someone gets bashed like "future" has but I have to give him some credit for coming in here and taking it. granted this was after he went back and forth on a lot of things and got called on it.

it's not easy sitting in the hot seat being judge like he has. he certainly doesn't have put up with it. he could easily go away, create another account, pretend to be his "wife" you name it.

what he did is wrong and he's getting what he deserves, but he's taking it.

*disclaimer, I agree that "future's" behavior is highly questionable and I would have reluctance dealing with him in the future (no pun intended) and probably would never buy anything from him. that being said...

not sure if it's common when someone gets bashed like "future" has but I have to give him some credit for coming in here and taking it. granted this was after he went back and forth on a lot of things and got called on it.

it's not easy sitting in the hot seat being judge like he has. he certainly doesn't have put up with it. he could easily go away, create another account, pretend to be his "wife" you name it.

what he did is wrong and he's getting what he deserves, but he's taking it.

Here to take the kicks to the teeth that I deserve.

Kick-to-Face-e1335861811436.png

I have learned a valuable lesson tonight. Apologize when you get caught doing something wrong. so you can screw them over again

fixed that for you (thumbs u

I assumed it went without saying :grin:

I have learned a valuable lesson tonight. Apologize when you get caught doing something wrong. so you can screw them over again

fixed that for you (thumbs u

Please Symbiotic,future whatever,you don't fool me.