• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Shiller Speaks

1,120 posts in this topic

Truth is, there are a whole bunch of people on the boards...who will likely never deal with him again. However he could start a sales thread NOW, and if it included some hot books or keys priced significantly below market value, they would sell.

Fact.

yep, sad but true ...

I think he should be nominated for forumite of the year. What he did took a lot of courage.

Courage is what you do when no on is watching you. Changing his forum id for the brazillionth time and saying that he finally gets it is far, far away from courage.

I'm not sure who first said this, but whomever it was is spot on.

Rumor is what people say you are.

Reputation is what people think you are.

Character is who you really are when no one is around.

Please don't taint this coveted award my good man. :cloud9:

get-attachment3_zps37c9675b.jpg

You are just lucky that I refused that award this year ;)

pizapcom1046480212593451141384697952166_zpsdd894905.jpg

:grin:

lol

I think he should be nominated for forumite of the year. What he did took a lot of courage.

Courage is what you do when no on is watching you. Changing his forum id for the brazillionth time and saying that he finally gets it is far, far away from courage.

lol

laugh.gif

The OP deserves all things you guys are flipping him, but this...

He will fail because he is a sneaky Korean

Asian representing well with Sagat and Future.

I don't trust the Pho eaters as well.

:roflmao:

Really?

Truth is, there are a whole bunch of people on the boards...who will likely never deal with him again. However he could start a sales thread NOW, and if it included some hot books or keys priced significantly below market value, they would sell.

Fact.

yep, sad but true ...

Why is that so sad?

I, you and everyone participating is here because of the comic books, not some great love of humanity. We participate because we enjoy comic books, read comic books, collect comic books, buy comic books, or sell comic books. So if some one is selling a comic book at a great price and someone else buys it, why is that sad?

In my opinion I think it is sad that someone would judge the moral character of someone else (who they do not know) based simply on a comic book purchase. But that's just my opinion.

I have folks walking in the door of the store every day offering to sell me comics. Should I, as a comic fan/dealer, ask them their personal history before I decide if I will make them an offer?

I look through boxes of comics at every show I attend, many times from other dealers or fans who I have never met before. Should I pry into their private lives before I decide to make a purchase?

This guy has admitted to shilling, has had a few other transgressions, and is apparently trying to make amends. It may be just lip service. But if he offers to sell me a book (that isn't stolen) at a good price should I turn him down because a bunch of guys participating on a comic's chat board might think it would be sad to do otherwise?

C'mon...that is so sad.

The OP deserves all things you guys are flipping him, but this...

He will fail because he is a sneaky Korean

Asian representing well with Sagat and Future.

I don't trust the Pho eaters as well.

:roflmao:

Really?

greggy is an Asian Pho eater.

Fact.

yep, sad but true ...

Why is that so sad?

I, you and everyone participating is here because of the comic books, not some great love of humanity. We participate because we enjoy comic books, read comic books, collect comic books, buy comic books, or sell comic books. So if some one is selling a comic book at a great price and someone else buys it, why is that sad?

In my opinion I think it is sad that someone would judge the moral character of someone else (who they do not know) based simply on a comic book purchase. But that's just my opinion.

I have folks walking in the door of the store every day offering to sell me comics. Should I, as a comic fan/dealer, ask them their personal history before I decide if I will make them an offer?

I look through boxes of comics at every show I attend, many times from other dealers or fans who I have never met before. Should I pry into their private lives before I decide to make a purchase?

This guy has admitted to shilling, has had a few other transgressions, and is apparently trying to make amends. It may be just lip service. But if he offers to sell me a book (that isn't stolen) at a good price should I turn him down because a bunch of guys participating on a comic's chat board might think it would be sad to do otherwise?

C'mon...that is so sad.

I hate humanity. Humanity sucks.

Fact.

yep, sad but true ...

Why is that so sad?

C'mon...that is so sad.

Hey Rich, you should do what every you want to.

or me, I think it is sad, but that's me.

Fact.

yep, sad but true ...

Why is that so sad?

C'mon...that is so sad.

There is definitely an element of truth to that. The Tadano books keep selling at Heritage auction. You could counter with that dealers turned some of the books away from when the investigator who was assigned to the case stole some evidence and tried to sell it but those dealers knew enough to turn away stolen goods. How many of the books that we buy on CLink and Metropolis where there are numerous anonymous consignments belong to people we would not want anything to do with?

I am not taking a stand either way. I am trying to articulate Bedrock's post.

Fact.

yep, sad but true ...

Why is that so sad?

C'mon...that is so sad.

Its all just sheep and goats brother :grin:

Fact.

yep, sad but true ...

Why is that so sad?

C'mon...that is so sad.

There is definitely an element of truth to that. The Tadano books keep selling at Heritage auction. You could counter with that dealers turned some of the books away from when the investigator who was assigned to the case stole some evidence and tried to sell it but those dealers knew enough to turn away stolen goods. How many of the books that we buy on CLink and Metropolis where there are numerous anonymous consignments belong to people we would not want anything to do with?

If you know someone to be dishonest, do you do business with them? That is the question. I personally wouldn't knowingly do it, others take a different tact. That's their call. Doesn't mean I don't still think it is sad. It also doesn't mean I don't ultimately end up buying from someone I would avoid had I known who owned the book. It is a risk you take when buying through many of the venues out there.

Fact.

yep, sad but true ...

Why is that so sad?

C'mon...that is so sad.

What if a drug cartel kingpin was trying to sell a bunch of nice books that he bought legally with his own $$. One might say yea, he bought them legally, but the money itself is tainted. Where does one draw the line?

Now what if that person didn't recognize the drug cartel kingpin guy until after they bought the books for sale? Are the books themselves redeemable by being owned by an honest businessman?

This seems to me to have parallels with the Beige /Red Rocks Sup #1 purchase. Is the Superman #1 itself tainted because of who owned it and how they got it? I think not