• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Warren Ellis monthly....Moon Knight! Whaaaat?!

153 posts in this topic

The Bendis Maleev series was so good.

I mean, I think the character is stupid but Bendis / Maleev left the character in a place where I would love to read Ellis's take on the character.

Pretty excited for this!

Really suggest anyone who thinks Moon Knight is stupid to read the recent Bendis / Maleev HC!

I always thought Moon knight was Batman Lite for Marvel. Butler, Rich Playboy. Cape, fights at night etc...

I am thinking Ellis might make a V for Vendetta type of series.

I will buy the first and see.

The Bendis Maleev series was so good.

I mean, I think the character is stupid but Bendis / Maleev left the character in a place where I would love to read Ellis's take on the character.

Pretty excited for this!

Really suggest anyone who thinks Moon Knight is stupid to read the recent Bendis / Maleev HC!

I always thought Moon knight was Batman Lite for Marvel. Butler, Rich Playboy. Cape, fights at night etc...

I am thinking Ellis might make a V for Vendetta type of series.

I will buy the first and see.

He kinda is.

Except he is bat:censored: crazy.

For those who like to speculate... Moon Knight Volume 1 #1. Marvel just announced their Netflix line will be primarily shot in NYC. What other Marvel street level characters could Marvel bring to Netflix in the future as opposed to film. MY bet is that Moon Knight could be soon. Like Jimmy said, the Bendis/Maleev series was great and underperformed like most Moon Knight series have. But, I hope with Ellis this run is watched. His take on him on Secret Avengers was great. And, this cover is awesome!

Moon_Knight_1_Granov_Variant.jpg

I'll check it out, but I'm not expecting Moon Knight to be a Payday.

+1

I will read this in TPB form if it get rave reviews from you guys and I love the majority of what Ellis puts out. No way do I expect $ from Marvel stuff. It just doesn't happen often.

For those who like to speculate... Moon Knight Volume 1 #1. Marvel just announced their Netflix line will be primarily shot in NYC. What other Marvel street level characters could Marvel bring to Netflix in the future as opposed to film. MY bet is that Moon Knight could be soon. Like Jimmy said, the Bendis/Maleev series was great and underperformed like most Moon Knight series have. But, I hope with Ellis this run is watched. His take on him on Secret Avengers was great. And, this cover is awesome!

Moon_Knight_1_Granov_Variant.jpg

Love that variant cover, might be the first variant that I actually seek out. I'm expecting to see at least a moon knight cameo, or maybe even a team up for a couple of episodes :wishluck:

Just to clarify, I don't think this is going to be a good speculation title.

Like all marvel titles they are over printed and the money books are the variant.

I just enjoyed Bendis and Maleev's run so I'm interested in seeing where Ellis takes the character. Definitley a book people should be picking up, but not because its going to be worth anything in the future. 2c