• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just Got Some Great News from CGC...

114 posts in this topic

I sent 4 Spidey's in for grading. I had high hopes - they were beautiful copies - but you know how one's hopes can be dashed so easily in this wonderful/frustrating hobby.

AS # 121 9.6

AS # 122 9.8

AS # 129 9.8

AS # 135 9.9

I was blown away by the 9.9...

In the immortal words of Bill Gaines, "HOOOO-HAAAAAH!"

--Moondog

I sent 4 Spidey's in for grading. I had high hopes - they were beautiful copies - but you know how one's hopes can be dashed so easily in this wonderful/frustrating hobby.

AS # 121 9.6

takeit.gif

AS # 122 9.8

takeit.gif

AS # 129 9.8

takeit.gif

AS # 135 9.9

takeit.gif

tth2:

I knew they were nice, but you never know. I was expecting at least 9.6 on all of them.

It's an interesting story on how I acquired them. A woman collected with her brother and father when she was a teen-ager. Her father passed away in 1986 and Spidey was his favorite title. When he died her mother sealed up all his comics, paperbacks, hardcovers, etc. and stored them away. This past March I was the first person to touch them in nearly 20 years.

All the Spidey's were bagged two to a bag. So 121 and 122 were in the same bag. They were probably never read and put directly in the bags when they were purchased.

It was a great collection and he had great taste. Flash, Spider-Man, Daredevil, Mystery in Space, FF, and X-Men were his favorites, but nothing graded as high as the Spidey's.

--Gary

AS # 121 9.6

AS # 122 9.8

AS # 129 9.8

AS # 135 9.9

I was blown away by the 9.9...

In the immortal words of Bill Gaines, "HOOOO-HAAAAAH!"

--Moondog

Are you planning on selling? If so, I'm sure there will be one or two interested parties...

It was a great collection and he had great taste. Flash, Spider-Man, Daredevil, Mystery in Space, FF, and X-Men were his favorites, but nothing graded as high as the Spidey's.

--Gary

takeit.gif

Let me know for the DD's hail.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Tips on keeping your books in top shape......

1. Carefully select a pristine book from the racks.

2. As soon as possible, transfer it to a mylar with acid free backing board

3. Place in a brown paper bag.

4. Die

Another public service announcement from Red Hook. thumbsup2.gif