• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Science

248 posts in this topic

Couple of shops around the area have plenty of #2... Some manipulation going on with this. Don't get sucked in.

What manipulation?

+1

If someone was able to buy out Midtown, MCS, Dreamland, and every online store to manipulate the resale of Black Science #2, then :applause:.

near as I can tell it's cause speculators walked away from image and thus only real interest was in #1 with a 40,000 print run, comic shops though tend to order less of the #2 so less was printed but everyone who bought #1 came back for #2 and then some....

I was at 5 or 6 local shops today. Sold out pretty much everywhere, none of the shops had any more coming in today or at a later date. I was quite surprised as some of these shops get a decent amount of all the image books but never sell them all. I was able to grab first prints of Clone #1 today for example, and they weren't hidden away or buried, just sitting there on the shelf. I don't think cover B is an incentive but I've seen it priced in local stores as if it was one at 8 or 10 dollars.

I finally read #1 and #2 tonight and I am in on this story. I love sci fi stuff and feel like I've been really lucky this year with all of the stuff available. Someone described this as the action to East of West's more cerebral approach and I agree. Lots of old school, as in 70s-80s Heavy Metal magazine, sci fi fun. Throw in Trillium's love story, Collider/FBP's way out there, and Brian Woods Star Wars and what more could I ask for from a comic. Great days indeed. :applause:

okay so what I understand the story is...

At first the comic shops understood that that the variant was a 1:1, order as many of cover A and B as you want. At some point it changed...

It became, you can only order cover B after you have ordered a minimum of cover A...many comic shops missed that as Diamond seems to use their emails as a spam source....

Now as image is no longer speculated on, much, comic shops erroneously cut their orders of the #2 image books dramatically ( cause speculators seem to like #1s ). But as speculators haven't been riding image lately, the 1st issue sell out was actually people reading it...and they all wanted #2...

So under ordered and surprise you can't have your order of cover B meant a lot of shops had half their measly order....

So not exactly an incentive variant, cover B is still perty rare....

I'll take grumbles and arguments over here in the corner thanks...