• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Fantastic Four #8

16 posts in this topic

Okay, scanning my FFs.

Here’s my earliest issue, outside #3 and #7 which I already posted. Marvel chipping has always been the thorn in its side, and he lost bits in the last twenty years, but I am always handling it carefully, as this one won’t ever get upgraded. :)

High resolution links under each picture.

NHqF1pph.jpg

High res: http://i.imgur.com/NHqF1pp.jpg

IrvZP0th.jpg

High res: http://i.imgur.com/IrvZP0t.jpg

Sweet book! Personally, too much chipping to let me go with a grade that includes "f" ... not significant problems on back cover ... so 4.5 sounds right.

Great copy.

Thanks, much appreciated – actually what makes it really SWEET is this (and also the reason for which I can’t upgrade):

xr7KyUxh.jpg

As I have already mentioned several times, I went to visit Jack Kirby in his Thousand Oaks home on my one and only trip to the USA, in Los Angeles in August 1991.

It has been such an awesome afternoon that I thought I was fainting… :cloud9:

The interview I did with him was also published in the US, on Comics Interview in 1993, and is wrongly dated (probably so it seemed more updated) as I have never been to San Diego. Jack would have died in 1994, so I was thinking if it was the last interview?

I have digitized the audio, but my english is messy and there are parts of unnecessary talk in italian between me and my cousin-in-law with was helping with the questions that distract from the content.

4.5 Claudio, sweet book and sig, must bring back some memories every time you look at it.

Well, after that visit in fact memories are back each and every time I read something done by Kirby, not just with the book. I have a pair of things he gifted me which are signed as well, one is a copy of the Argosy magazine from the 1990s where he published for the first time "Street Code". :cloud9: