• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official The Artists Choice Annual Sales Event...

256 posts in this topic

Nothing mind-blowing but I ordered a few cheap panel pages by artists I liked. I had my eye on some JRJR stuff, but at only 10% off, I decided to wait. Scott Hanna @ 50% was a good deal, as well as lots of nice Jurgens stuff dirt cheap. We'll see how much of it I actually end up getting!

I've bought from Spencer before, but never during the sale. Any idea how long it normally takes to get confirmation of your order?

Nothing mind-blowing but I ordered a few cheap panel pages by artists I liked. I had my eye on some JRJR stuff, but at only 10% off, I decided to wait. Scott Hanna @ 50% was a good deal, as well as lots of nice Jurgens stuff dirt cheap. We'll see how much of it I actually end up getting!

I've bought from Spencer before, but never during the sale. Any idea how long it normally takes to get confirmation of your order?

Mine took a while last year. Though I know he was swamped with requests.

That's what I figured. Oh well, no hurry here, I have other bills to pay, especially with the holidays, I'm in no rush.

Sent in my request last night. I always get excited for the sale, but the wait just to find out if what I've requested is even still available can be excruciating! Ruy Jose's sale is pretty awesome. Fingers crossed here too

Awesome! Hopefully I'll hear something soon. I put in an order around 9:00am Wednesday, then another one yesterday morning. Curious to see if anything is left.

Ok, my first order was Wed morning as well, second was Thursday. Holding off on a third pending response to earlier orders.

Well, we seem to go through the same questions, requests for information and complaints every year, so for those who are new to The Artist's Choice winter sale, please note the following:

1. Spencer is a one-man operation and takes care of The Artist's Choice after hours. He has a full time job and spends time afterwards verifying and processing orders from the website

2. Once the sale is activated on his site, Spencer has many, many requests come in and goes through each order chronologically, based on the time the email was received

3. Let's say you've placed an order on the 1st day of the sale, 2 hours after the sale became activated on his site. There may be only a few orders ahead of you or there may be dozens. Given the deep discounts, it would not be unreasonable to assume one order may contain a request for dozens (or more) pages. Its happened in the past with me, and I'm certain it continues today

4. Spencer goes through each order confirming and pulling each page for each order and it all takes time.

5. While you may not hear back right away, depending on you place in the queue, the discounts are unique in this hobby, and I think with a bit of patience, they do make the wait worthwhile

Happy Collecting! (thumbs u

Just a note for anyone new to this sale, it's not unusual for a two week to three week delay before hearing from Spencer on your order. All of what is noted above is absolutely true so just be prepared to wait a little bit; knowing that you will eventually hear back.