• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wonder Woman Has Been Cast

221 posts in this topic

She's scary thin.

I didn't want to be the first to say it.

I don't think she going to stay skinny, this is going to be the movie that makes her change in body mass.

All the weight lifting and hamburgers in the world don't change bone structure.

What part of her bone structure is different than Lynda Carter's? Carter wasn't waif-thin like some of the pictures I'm seeing of Godot, but if she dropped some weight, she might be.

That's also true of her "guns"--she might be a C if she puts on some weight.

Ain't no way this girl comes anything near to what Lynda Carter was.

:eek:

936full-gal-gadot.jpg

Wow, that image is so photoshopped it's not even funny.....

I think she'll be fine. It's all about the -script and her acting chops. If she can pull of bad-spoon spoon-kicking heroine, then who cares about the rest?

But then again, I forgot this is the place to complain about everything!

That's the thing. I've seen almost all of her mainstream acting roles on TV and film. I am not seeing acting chops. It feels like they went for a somewhat "exotic" pretty face.

If they were going for that they had a ton of options.

I think DC is doom to fail. Why are they in such a hurry to introduce so many characters in one movie? I thought this was about Superman and Batman. If they go this route they might as well call it the Justice League.

Maybe they will.

That's the thing. I've seen almost all of her mainstream acting roles on TV and film. I am not seeing acting chops. It feels like they went for a somewhat "exotic" pretty face.

Is she the one that was Vin Diesel's sister in the F&F movies?

If she's who I am thinking of, she wasn't that bad.

Also, it does bring in a whole group of F&F people's interest into the movie. Which I am sure was a consideration. She's pretty far from an unknown IMO. Maybe just on these boards =)

I don't think I would've picked her for the role, but they could've done worse.

As far as her physique, why should Wonder Woman have to be super-ripped? Isn't she magically powered by the gods after being molded from clay? Christopher Reeve certainly never looked that toned, but he's arguably still the definitive live-action Superman.

also, its not entirely unheard of to change the cast before production, or use an early press release as a marketing or research or negotiating tool.

So there's probably a chance this might not be the FINAL casting. AND she might be introduced in the next movie as just an ancillary character, Agent Donna Troy (or whatever), or Ambassador Donna Troy, etc...

as for the accent, she's supposed to be foreign (likely Mediterranean) for which Israel is (mostly considered) a Mediterranean country.

So she's TOUGH (apparently X-military), right race (more or less), right accent (more or less), beautiful, and will have a raised (BUT not too high) profile due to her association with the now even more famous Fast and Furious movies. Whether she can act is suspect, but I'm guessing they won't challenge her too much. They're not too far off the mark I'd say. And its for what seems like a supporting role.

I doubt that casting her would make the average Batman/Superman fan say, "that super hot girl is too skinny to be wonder woman, I'm not seeing the Batman/Superman movie", but I may be wrong.

Also, it does bring in a whole group of F&F people's interest into the movie. Which I am sure was a consideration. She's pretty far from an unknown IMO. Maybe just on these boards =)

No, that is Jordana Brewster.

never heard of her before and clearly by the comment that they want to introduce her to the public means that is what they were after. An relative unknown.

I reserve judgement for after I see it.

she has apparently been the love interest of the now dead non-vin diesel guy in the last 417 "fast and the furious" movies (sorry, i stopped watching after the first one and that was on TV), so i dunno about "introduction to the public"

No, that is Jordana Brewster.

:sorry:

Clearly I don't know my F&F well enough.

There's a ringing endorsement. lol

As far as her physique, why should Wonder Woman have to be super-ripped? Isn't she magically powered by the gods after being molded from clay? Christopher Reeve certainly never looked that toned, but he's arguably still the definitive live-action Superman.

For the Reeve analogy to be equal to this WW casting Superman would have had to be built more like this.....

580ca.jpg

She doesn't need to be super-ripped...just not so thin she's almost translucent.

580e9.jpg

I'm going to wait till they put up production photos of her as Diana Prince before I make my final judgement :whatev:

I hear they are using the David E. Kelley TV pilot costume. :applause:

For the Reeve analogy to be equal to this WW casting Superman would have had to be built more like this.....

580ca.jpg

She doesn't need to be super-ripped...just not so thin she's almost translucent.

580e9.jpg

those pictures are from when? was she 15?

some of the other pictures make it look like she has filled out a bit since she started in the movies.

580ca.jpg

580e9.jpg

those pictures are from when? was she 15?

some of the other pictures make it look like she has filled out a bit since she started in the movies.

Ok...here come the red carpet shots from the premieres....she's exactly the same if not thinner....

Her face is perfect. All that is needed:

Jet black dye.

Weight gainer, protein and three solid months in the gym. She doesn't need to be ripped or have a six pack, just some muscle tone and shape.