• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wonder Woman Has Been Cast

221 posts in this topic

I can clearly understand why DC has struggled for so long to do Wonder Woman on film: each and every woman considered for casting is picked apart.

Give this girl a chance, let her get some bulk, don a costume with a metal chestplate that will make her bust look larger and call it a day.

I like the girl in Dice's sig for the role personally.

Another fine choice.

And I do mean fine. (worship)

I thought so too, but I think her time has passed for that role.

Yeah, she's like 30 now. No way she could pull it off. :eyeroll:

Couldn't understand her accent in Fast and Furious half the time.

well, putting aside linda carter, WW is supposed to be greek, no? israeli and greek accents aren't THAT different

Way different. I have an Israeli/Russian yacking behind my head telling me not to buy more comics every day. I have off the boat Greek parents of friends. Very different.

This is purely "face" casting.

Face and height. Still surprised they don't find someone taller, but 5' 8" at least puts her on the level of most men which is a part of who the character is. Diana has usually been the same size as the 6' 2" or so Batman and Superman for decades ever since they associated the character with the Greek Amazon myth--not sure when they did that.

She really just needs to put on about twenty pounds or so. Googling tells me she's 110, and that's super-skinny for 5' 8". I bet they get her to 135 or 140 for the film, which with some muscle will be quite a big change. Probably four or five pounds of that will go to her chest.

You would all let her eat crackers in your bed, but she's not good enough to be your Wonder Woman in a movie lol

I guess we're talking about fitness for a particular purpose.

Lots of ladies fit the former perfectly and the latter poorly.

You would all let her eat crackers in your bed, but she's not good enough to be your Wonder Woman in a movie lol

You sure about that? :baiting:

Going by that logical fallacy, all the casting directors had to do was cast their wives. What any of us are attracted to has very little to do with the characteristics DC has associated with Wonder Woman. Although I must say, all of the attributes they gave her match my favorite ones exactly. :luhv:

I guess it was never really an option but at least Alexander looks the part. It takes absolutely zero imagination to see her in the role. That's kind of a gigantic plus so far as movie watching goes. As for Gadot, she seems like a decent actress, a wee thin but beautiful. Still, trying to reconcile what I think WW looks/should look like (never mind what she sounds like :facepalm: )with who Gadot is might give me an aneurysm.

jamie-alexander_3442347.jpg

She's scary thin.

I didn't want to be the first to say it.

I don't think she going to stay skinny, this is going to be the movie that makes her change in body mass.

All the weight lifting and hamburgers in the world don't change bone structure.

Well, she can get the whole "Hollywood personal trainer" thing and with computer enhancement (like they used in "300"), she can be made into WW.

Too be honest, with all the fanboy nostalgia over Lyndia Carter is a pretty huge obstacle to overcome for any actress. We have a huge part of the comic book community that grew up watching the 1970s show and nostalgia is what really drives the collectibles markets. I know I remember being 10 yrs old and seeing this cartoon character literally come to life for the first time. It's a huge expectation this new actress has to live up to and I doubt she will be able.

She's scary thin.

I didn't want to be the first to say it.

I don't think she going to stay skinny, this is going to be the movie that makes her change in body mass.

All the weight lifting and hamburgers in the world don't change bone structure.

Well, she can get the whole "Hollywood personal trainer" thing and with computer enhancement (like they used in "300"), she can be made into WW.

Too be honest, with all the fanboy nostalgia over Lyndia Carter is a pretty huge obstacle to overcome for any actress. We have a huge part of the comic book community that grew up watching the 1970s show and nostalgia is what really drives the collectibles markets. I know I remember being 10 yrs old and seeing this cartoon character literally come to life for the first time. It's a huge expectation this new actress has to live up to and I doubt she will be able.

Also known as "The Story of how Michael went from 'boy' to 'man'..."

lol

Many American males had the same experience.

well, didn't think I'd see a worse casting decision than Affleck as Batman, but this tops it. what's next? Chris Rock as Krypto? geez.

I still don't get all the hate surrounding Ben Affleck playing Batman. The guy's a good actor. I would have expected to see more vitrol regarding Val Kilmer or George Clooney. I think Ben will make a great Batman.

...but Ben Affleck would be a FANTASTIC director...Affleck can direct so much better then he can act! He's ok in certain movies (Good Will Hunting) but he was terrible in Daredevil.