• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wonder Woman Has Been Cast

221 posts in this topic

I think she'll be great!

The bonus material of "Man of Steel" showed the lengthy physical training required for various roles. I'm sure she'll be in the same kind of regiment.

Michael Shannon is very tall and thin, which is apparent on Boardwalk Empire. When you see the Man of Steel "making of..." videos and see him working out, they drastically bulked him up compared to his normal weight. And the thing was, you never really see Zod that much out of his armor.

For Man Of Steel, Shannon bulked up to become Krypton's chief protector, making him an even more formidable presence. "If you're playing a general, you should probably not be a little pansy man," he says, explaining that the extra weight was more for psychological reasons, to give him a certain bearing and posture. "It wasn't a cosmetic thing because you never actually see my body. It's not like you see General Zod in his bikini at the beach or anything."

I'm not sure what they can do with Gal Gadot's 5'8" 110 lb frame to make her more intimidating and athletic looking. But all we can do is wonder right now.

30 pounds of muscle and a boob job would be a good start.

-slym

:whistle:

I think she'll be great!

The bonus material of "Man of Steel" showed the lengthy physical training required for various roles. I'm sure she'll be in the same kind of regiment.

Michael Shannon is very tall and thin, which is apparent on Boardwalk Empire. When you see the Man of Steel "making of..." videos and see him working out, they drastically bulked him up compared to his normal weight. And the thing was, you never really see Zod that much out of his armor.

For Man Of Steel, Shannon bulked up to become Krypton's chief protector, making him an even more formidable presence. "If you're playing a general, you should probably not be a little pansy man," he says, explaining that the extra weight was more for psychological reasons, to give him a certain bearing and posture. "It wasn't a cosmetic thing because you never actually see my body. It's not like you see General Zod in his bikini at the beach or anything."

I'm not sure what they can do with Gal Gadot's 5'8" 110 lb frame to make her more intimidating and athletic looking. But all we can do is wonder right now.

30 pounds of muscle and a boob job would be a good start.

:whistle:

(tsk)

They will make that up with the costume, if need be.

;)

-slym

well, didn't think I'd see a worse casting decision than Affleck as Batman, but this tops it. what's next? Chris Rock as Krypto? geez.

I still don't get all the hate surrounding Ben Affleck playing Batman. The guy's a good actor. I would have expected to see more vitrol regarding Val Kilmer or George Clooney. I think Ben will make a great Batman.

well, didn't think I'd see a worse casting decision than Affleck as Batman, but this tops it. what's next? Chris Rock as Krypto? geez.

I still don't get all the hate surrounding Ben Affleck playing Batman. The guy's a good actor. I would have expected to see more vitrol regarding Val Kilmer or George Clooney. I think Ben will make a great Batman.

I don't hate Ben Affleck, I think he's a good director, and is becoming a better actor, liked him alot in Argo, just think he's wrong for Batman, that's all.

I am taking a wait and see approach with this entire movie. I do not think that Affleck is a kiss of death here or was miscast. I think Ben will do better than people think he will. He is a smart guy and it must have taken a great pitch in order for him to jump back into the superhero genre again.

With that said, I would like to assume that they have an idea about what they are doing. I enjoyed Man of Steel. I think that DC and Warner Brothers learned a lot about making superhero films from what Nolan did and with MoS you definitely saw an influence. (Yes I know that Nolan had some creative input."

If this is a continuation of that vision then let's wait and see.

I am taking a wait and see approach with this entire movie. I do not think that Affleck is a kiss of death here or was miscast. I think Ben will do better than people think he will. He is a smart guy and it must have taken a great pitch in order for him to jump back into the superhero genre again.

With that said, I would like to assume that they have an idea about what they are doing. I enjoyed Man of Steel. I think that DC and Warner Brothers learned a lot about making superhero films from what Nolan did and with MoS you definitely saw an influence. (Yes I know that Nolan had some creative input."

If this is a continuation of that vision that let's wait and see.

This... (even if Gal does look like an insect... I suppose if she started eating people food and exercising she could look human again)

+1

There is no way Ben Affleck will be a worst Batman then Val Kilmer or George Clooney were. They were the worst. Ben Affleck is street smart from Boston, unlike those two. Ben Affleck loved comic books as a kid. He respects comic books as an art form.

To even compare Ben Affleck playing Batman to Val Kilmer or George Clooney playing Batman is :screwy:

IMHO

122535__batman_l.jpg

Gal+Gadot+Fast+Furious+6+Premieres+London+CweWkoPfp2Pl.jpg

143983-london-d245a.jpg

hm

143285.jpg

The only thing is...Bale lost that weight for that role....it wasn't his natural size.

Good point.

The physique that Bale had in Batman Begins isn't his natural physique either. He had to bulk up... in fact he bulked up too much and had to loose weight for the movie. The point is still valid. You guys are judging her current build. Hollywood trainers can EASILY bulk her up for the part. I'm not worried so long as she has attitude and has some acting ability

The physique that Bale had in Batman Begins isn't his natural physique either. He had to bulk up... in fact he bulked up too much and had to loose weight for the movie. The point is still valid. You guys are judging her current build. Hollywood trainers can EASILY bulk her up for the part. I'm not worried so long as she has attitude and has some acting ability

I disagree. She'll never bulk up the way Bale did. Women can't gain nearly as much muscle tissue as men can.

Also, women can't be all bulk. For her to work out means she loses what little body fat (and boobs) she had.

Finally, she is rail thin from every angle. I'm betting she is mostly CGI to make it work. Physically, she'll never do it without CGI.

Gal+Gadot+Fast+Furious+6+Premieres+London+CweWkoPfp2Pl.jpg

143983-london-d245a.jpg

hm

143285.jpg

The only thing is...Bale lost that weight for that role....it wasn't his natural size.

Good point.

I realize...his physique was in the middle of those two shots. He wasn't naturally a bean pole that turned into a hulk.

I wouldn't assume the way men and women add muscle mass over the same period of time is equal, or even close. Natural testosterone production has a lot to say about that.

She might get a little more muscular but I would assume she's going to "bulk up"

What the Hell is wrong with WB/DC? :facepalm:

+1

This is what I was afraid of, they would cast Olive Oil as Wonder Woman. It doesn't work! You need a woman that actually has a body, this one is built like a 10 year old boy.

This movie is continuing with bad decision, it may be a train wreck.... :popcorn:

My problem is not with the cast. I've just never been a fan of any of Zack Snyder's work and no matter who they cast as Batman, Superman, or WW, I just don't think it'd be a good movie without a proper -script and good directing

Like a cold drop of rain on a hot, dry day...

(thumbs u

-slym