• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016

1,618 posts in this topic

Yeah it's my opinion and I will never force it on anyone.

Just so disappointed when movies like Deadpool, Avengers and Winter soldier can show just how awesome a adapted movie can be

Edited by MetalPSI

You're completely right. 3 was horrible. They are doing to apocalypse what they did to juggernaut in 3

I think you are reacting too soon before any reviews come out (and charts ;) ).

X-Men 3 definitely missed the mark. Though it had some interesting scenes at certain points.

Apocalypse doesn't feel like X-Men 3 or X-Men Origins: Wolverine at all to me. It feels like it has a story, it has interesting characters, and alliances though questionable at first will most probably be explained once we have a full movie to review.

But so far I can tell from your posts this movie isn't doing it for you. Not yet, anyway.

This is also a pivotal movie because with the exception of Wolverine/Deadpool 2/Cable/X-Force, we have no idea what's coming next for the X-Franchise.

I'm holding on to the rather extreme theory that this movie will change the status quo of the X-Universe in a way that "fractures" it, allowing Phase 4 of the MCU to incorporate the Fox properties. Yes, I am crazy, but I believe it could happen.

Edited by Liaton-9000

This is also a pivotal movie because with the exception of Wolverine/Deadpool 2/Cable/X-Force, we have no idea what's coming next for the X-Franchise.

I'm holding on to the rather extreme theory that this movie will change the status quo of the X-Universe in a way that "fractures" it, allowing Phase 4 of the MCU to incorporate the Fox properties. Yes, I am crazy, but I believe it could happen.

hm

I like the way you think.

:foryou:

hm

I like the way you think.

:foryou:

Thanks, man. :foryou:

It's certainly not impossible.

1) In the leaked Sony emails, Pascal acknowledges a "Marvel/Fox" crossover that they (at a minimum) believed was going to be happening in 2018/2019, which reasonably could have more recently been pushed back to 2020 because of the Spider-Man and Ant-Man-caused schedule adjustments;

2) Marvel's three untitled post-Infinity War movies came at a strange time, when we had already heard about the supposed end to Phase 3, which suggests to me that we're hearing about the beginning of Phase 4, whose announcement was strangely well timed with...

3) The Fox/Marvel TV deal. Sure, Marvel TV and Marvel Studios are different entities in terms of properties available and project discussions, but is it unreasonable to assume that this was the result of a much larger deal made by the higher-ups of both Fox and Marvel, that was then trickled down to Fox TV and Marvel TV, and that the rest of the deal will be revealed in the next year or two leading up to 2020?

This is all speculation. But if I'm right... hooooly, God. :ohnoez:

Although for the most part I think Fox has done a decent job with the X-franchise, having some of the characters cross over to deliver on well-known stories would be outstanding.

I'd love to see that Captain America-Black Widow-Wolverine story from X-Men #268 done to the quality level of Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Screw that. I can tell from the trailers they want to make a buck and immolate what characters they can squeeze into frame. Psylocke did not come about because of apocalypse. We have no history for Angel or Havok. Why the heck would Storm of all xmen consider siding with apocalypse?

See it for what it is, a ploy to get around other studios making great movies to try to throw in something. The rights for apocalypse went to the wrong studio....

I don't know that it will be a good movie, but I don't think these alleged holes are the issue.

Havok has history, he was in the First Class movie, and was a soldier fighting in vietnam in DOFP. And he's most likely Cyclops' brother in this one. Doesn't seem like a stretch to include him.

Storm's origin is a teenage orphan mutant thief living on the streets of Egypt. It doesn't seem too far fetched to think she might follow an ancient mutant god on his mission to save her kind and elevate her status.

Psylocke??? ok well this is fanboy service, but why the hell not??

Archangel? Pretty easily explained I think (if you ignore X-Men 3) - you gotta Angel who just wants to help people, but he gets beat nearly to death by some hate group, and Apoc rebuilds him. Pretty easy scene to write and film, and you get it right away.

Magneto? He's obviously very much in favor of eliminating the human species to elevate mutants. No reason to think he wouldn't side with Apoc, although it wouldn't be a stretch to think he might want to take over at some point too.

Of course these are estimates, but don't seem too unreasonable. I do worry about the 'Michael Bay'ing of this film, and the '3rd of a trilogy' tradition that Marvel movies seem to have, from Iron Man 3, Spiderman 3, X-Men 3, all quite bleh.

So far I like everything I've seen in the trailers EXCEPT the actual Apocalypse character. I'm ready to skip ahead to Sansa Stark as Phoenix or Hellfire Club Dark Phoenix.

Empire Magazine did a cover split series.

ateRab8.jpg

I am really looking forward to this.

That looks awesome. Reminds me of the 90's Impel trading cards that would form together.

Always loved the X-Men and I will watch the movie regardless. Psylocke and Archangel look awesome from the limited screen time we've seen them. Apocalypse intrigues me, at certain points in the teasers/trailers he just appears too weak and average to really encompass what I've always imagined him to be, but I hold hope FOX can make him more intimidating, dark, and more god-like. I can't wait to see him in action.

Jennifer Lawrence is a great actress but I don't mind her moving on after this movie. I think she was miscast as Mystique and would have been better as a heroine. I was never a fan of the character at all so maybe that's why her performance didn't really stand out to me.

Some of the comments in this thread are laughable.

Trailer looked awesome, the last two movies have been excellent, I'm not a Marvel comics mark or a X-Men comics fan, I'm purely a movie goer when it comes to Marvel properties.

Olivia Munn Discusses Psylocke's Powers & A Possible 'Captain Britain' Connection In 'X-Men: Apocalypse'

Will the film also remain faithful to the character's comic book origins in the film? Munn hinted that we would see some of of that alluded to in the film as well as her connections to Captain Britain as there is "a small, subtle references to it with Apocalypse. For people who love and know Psylocke, they will know who she is fully formed. You would know her storyline."

Captain Britain??!!

:o

:whee:

Well now we know Captain Britain belongs to or is owned by Marvel and not Fox. Wow!!

Never knew Captain Britain is not a mutant.

I read the article in the other thread & I'm still confused as to how you guys are drawing the conclusion that Cap Britain is owned by Marvel out of this & not Fox. If there's a connection to Captain Britain in X-Men Apocalypse, then wouldn't that imply that FOX does own the rights?

I'm really lost here. Maybe I'm missing something stupid, but this statement leads me to the opposite conclusion & the other post/article leads me to no conclusion on who owns the rights.

I read the article in the other thread & I'm still confused as to how you guys are drawing the conclusion that Cap Britain is owned by Marvel out of this & not Fox. If there's a connection to Captain Britain in X-Men Apocalypse, then wouldn't that imply that FOX does own the rights?

I'm really lost here. Maybe I'm missing something stupid, but this statement leads me to the opposite conclusion & the other post/article leads me to no conclusion on who owns the rights.

It is confusing but Marvel would never use the character if they didn't own the rights. Unless this is a duel ownership like Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch.

It is confusing but Marvel would never use the character if they didn't own the rights. Unless this is a duel ownership like Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch.

I get that logic, but I'm still missing where in there it says it's marvel STUDIOS. There's multiple references to Marvel, but the Marvel name gets bandied about every time any of their characters are coming to a screen. Even when it's a FOX (or Sony) production. I don't see anywhere here where it actually says that the character is owned by Fox or Marvel. Simply that's it's a Marvel character.