• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016

1,618 posts in this topic

The sad thing is that they didn't even need to make costumes or hit up vintage stores. They just went to the regular mall & bought the 80's retro junk that passes for fashion today.

TIGHTS AREN'T PANTS!

Sorry... I have a pet peeve about that.

no they aren't but they sure are better :cloud9:

Bryan Singer calls X-Men: Apocalypse "a big monster of a movie"

Bryan Singer spoke with Empire where he described X-MEN: APOCALYPSE as "a big monster of a movie." Singer went on to say:

"The stakes are so high and global and the villain is so mythic. It’s definitely an X-Men movie, but it really feels different.

Apocalypse, the villain in question, is set to be portrayed by Oscar Isaac and I have high hopes that the actor will do the legendary super-villain justice. Other newcomers to the series include Tye Sheridan, Sophie Turner, and Alexandra Shipp who are stepping into the shoes of Scott Summer, Jean Grey, and Storm; writer/producer Simon Kinberg described what type of people these young characters are in 1983:

They’re as much a part of the movie as our main cast. Scott is not yet the squeaky-clean leader. Storm is a troubled character who is going down the wrong path in life. And Jean is complex, interesting and not fully mature. It’s fun to see someone struggling with their powers when you know one day they’ll become the most powerful person in the world."

There's a rumour going around courtesy of El Mayimbe that X-MEN: APOCALYPSE and WOLVERINE 3 will mark the end of the X-Men universe that Bryan Singer kicked off in 2000.

The sad thing is that they didn't even need to make costumes or hit up vintage stores. They just went to the regular mall & bought the 80's retro junk that passes for fashion today.

TIGHTS AREN'T PANTS!

Yes, but only on the about 3 women in the world that that they look good on.

TIGHTS AREN'T PANTS!

Yes, but only on the about 3 women in the world that that they look good on.

1st off, why is retro junk considered junk? Nearly every style of fashion comes back. I happen to like retro junk. Especially 80's retro junk. :headbang:

2nd, there are plenty of women that look great in tights.

1st, some retro stuff is good, 80's retro is junk. It was hideous in the 80's & hideous now. The only thing they're missing are randomly tied ribbons, those ridiculous vented sunglasses that somehow became a thing again a few years ago, and leg warmers as a fashion statement.

2nd. I'll amend my initial statement. There are approximately 3 women on earth that look good in tights. There may be 4. Or 2. I've only surveyed 90% of the human race on this issue. I extrapolated from the 2 that I found & didn't factor in a potential set of identical twins.

1st, some retro stuff is good, 80's retro is junk. It was hideous in the 80's & hideous now. The only thing they're missing are randomly tied ribbons, those ridiculous vented sunglasses that somehow became a thing again a few years ago, and leg warmers as a fashion statement.

2nd. I'll amend my initial statement. There are approximately 3 women on earth that look good in tights. There may be 4. Or 2. I've only surveyed 90% of the human race on this issue. I extrapolated from the 2 that I found & didn't factor in a potential set of identical twins.

1st, every era has it's hits and misses. You're focusing on the misses.

2nd, I think your taste stinks. lol

1st, Hits? Like what? A whole lot of acid washed denim & mullets & popped collars on pastel polo shirts. Ugh. Tom Selleck Mustaches. I'm trying to find something redeeming about 80's fashion & I'm really drawing a blank. If you've got something, please enlighten me because even as someone that grew up in the 80's & still can't find anything to look back on fondly. It was like a neon & pastel crayon box threw up on poorly designed things everywhere.

2nd, I think my taste is awesome.

I'm trying to find something redeeming about 80's fashion & I'm really drawing a blank. If you've got something, please enlighten me because even as someone that grew up in the 80's & still can't find anything to look back on fondly.

High waisted jeans and shorts on women.

They are the rage again, 25 years later.

you're in Pittsburgh, that explains it. I agree Pittsburgh there are 3-4 at best.

Now Califronia.... :cloud9:

Pittsburgh is just the home-base for me. It's just the place I'm in the most out of everywhere I spend my time (I travel far too much) but even that's only maybe 30% of the time?

No, Pittsburgh had zero entries on my worldwide "do tights look good?" census. LA did have 1. Taiwan oddly enough had the other. The balance was extrapolated from population data & science. As I said... 3-4, allowing for the possibility of identical twins.

I'm trying to find something redeeming about 80's fashion & I'm really drawing a blank. If you've got something, please enlighten me because even as someone that grew up in the 80's & still can't find anything to look back on fondly.

And they look as hideous today as they did then. Plus, high-waisted pants aren't 80's fashion. They're hold-overs from 60's & 70's fashions.

And they look as hideous today as they did then. Plus, high-waisted pants aren't 80's fashion. They're hold-overs from 60's & 70's fashions.

Everything is in some way built on something else, but the last time they were used in mainstream was the 1980's (possibly early 1990's).

But you're discussing this with someone who still dresses like it's 1984. Again, it's just personal taste. On the right person they look great.