• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016

1,618 posts in this topic

X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Trailer Description Surfaces

The trailer opens with Jean Grey waking from a nightmare. She tells Professor Xavier something along the lines of, “I have seen the end of the world. There was only death.”

There’s a montage of footage of the young mutants at Xavier’s school, followed by a scene of Moira MacTaggert telling Xavier that they’ve discovered a god-like mutant who may be the origin of the species.

Cut to a shot of an intimidating hooded figure being followed by Psylocke and Storm. They search for mutants, and the hooded figure lists the many names he has been known by over the centuries. He says that the world needs to change, and be remade by mutants. The three of them find Magneto. Magneto asks, “Who are you?” The figure pulls down his hood to reveal the face of Apocalypse.

There’s a montage of the destruction caused by Apocalypse.

We see a shot of Xavier looking frightened. Either he or Jean says, “It can control all of us.” We’re shown two opposing groups of mutants (likely Apocalypse’s Horsemen and Xavier’s students and/or allies). Apocalypse sends a burst of energy through Xavier and his wheelchair, and Jean screams

There’s a slow motion scene of Quicksilver running through the hallway leading towards Cerebro.

Mystique tells Xavier, “I came to fight.”

Professor X enters the Cerebro chamber, and his eyes become black. He says, “I’ve never felt like this before,” and is possibly possessed by Apocalypse.

The final shot is of a bald Professor X.

:ohnoez:

Sounds exactly like the Comic Con trailer…probably minus Magneto's F-bomb!

Close to it. Although I don't remember the scene with Mystique saying she came to fight.

Yeah…she does. They say something like "They need to prepare for war" in which she replies with "That's what I came here for."

Sounds exactly like the Comic Con trailer…probably minus Magneto's F-bomb!

Close to it. Although I don't remember the scene with Mystique saying she came to fight.

Yeah…she does. They say something like "They need to prepare for war" in which she replies with "That's what I came here for."

Oh, I believe you. I just didn't remember this scene.

SDCC teaser trailer still out there, too

:whee:

First X-Men: Apocalypse & Independence Day: Resurgence Trailers Officially Classified

X-Men: Apocalypse trailer is clocking in at two-minutes and twenty-four seconds and is rated PG. A sizzle reel was shown during Comic Con this year, which leaked online, but this first official trailer should include lots of never-before-seen footage.

Keep in mind, these classifications usually comes just weeks, if not days, before a trailer releases.

Trailer released tomorrow!

cv3qscwu4aafn0a.jpg

:wishluck: for a Caliban sighting.

Do you have a stockpile of UXM #148 to move?

Only about 30 or so - not a stockpile or anything lol

Apocalypse looked pretty good in terms of being a viable bad guy. I thought the story line would be more in line with the Age of Apocalypse story line but it looks like they are going more for the good vs evil battle royal.

This was basically the comic-con trailer with Magneto's f-bomb taken out and a few images put it.

Apocalypse looked better in this then in the previous images and comic-con trailer. They must has done some CGI touchups. My only complaint is his voice. He sounds to soft and almost caring. I always image his voice is like the 90s cartoon without the cheesy lines being said.