• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016

1,618 posts in this topic

Good catch!

First X-Men Apocalypse Trailer To Be Released With Star Wars: The Force Awakens

“I can in fact confirm that information," said executive producer Simon Kinberg, who also works on Star Wars. "Our first trailer will be on Star Wars: The Force Awakens. It’s our first thing out there so it is somewhat of a teaser but it’s certainly longer than a minute and it has a ton of cool stuff in it.”

:whee:

X-Men: Apocalypse's James McAvoy Talks Jubilee's Powers

Speaking to Andy Cohen on Bravo’s Watch What Happens Live, X-Men: Apocalypse star James McAvoy was asked an awkward question for the person playing Professor X: Which X-Man has the lamest mutant powers?

After thinking for a moment, McAvoy names Jubilee.

“Her power was kind of like, 'What is her power?' " McAvoy says. “She can kind of makes fireworks come out of her finger in the cartoon, but I think in the movie they make it more like, ‘She is the mistress of electricity…’ But Jubilee is in the new movie, and she doesn’t suck at all.”

I think that was a compliment.

lol

X-Men: Nicholas Hoult Calls Oscar Isaac's Apocalypse Badass

Nicholas Holt (who plays Beast), was talking up co-star Oscar Isaac saying he turns the movie’s villain into a “badass.” Even though Hoult doesn’t share much screen time with Isaac, he had a ton of nice things to say.

“To be honest with you, the times we were acting in the same scene were often quite distant. So I could sense the presence of him – and he’s certainly got a lot of presence, in life – he’s a really fun guy to be around. And that character’s a tricky one to play, you know, essentially a mutant from an era long ago, awoken in this modern day, very confused about what’s been going on around him and decides to do something about it. He certainly brings an intensity to it, in a great way.”

“First Class was the first time we went back in time with the younger cast” he explained. “Days of Future Past dealt with time displacement and all that sort of thing, and blended casts. And this one I think is just going to be pretty huge in many ways. It’s set in the ‘80s. Introducing younger versions of Cyclops and Jean Grey and Storm and those characters so you get a bit of a back story to those guys. And then Apocalypse – Oscar Isaac – turns up and is a badass and it all goes quite extreme.”

:ohnoez:

Im just stoked about an X-Men film being placed in the 80's! Not to mention that my all time favorite characters (Beast & Nightcrawler) are going to be in it. I'm definitely geeking out right now, aren't I?

I still don't understand the whole Nightcrawler thing. Wouldn't they remember him in X-2 if he had been an X-Men in the 80's? I know DoFP screwed up the timeline of the original trilogy but it was mostly to fix the issues of Last Stand sucking.

*edit* not that I'm complaining. More nightcrawler is awesome. I'm super geeked for it (minus the Flock of Seagulls emo-boy haircut)

Edited by Doktor

I guess the timeline changes completely wipeout all events of the previous movies.

Also, for example, Jubilee is joining the X-Men now with Cyclops and Jean, but in the original movies she was their student.

The character may still exist but the timeline has changed on when they were born and when they joined the X-Men.

I still don't understand the whole Nightcrawler thing. Wouldn't they remember him in X-2 if he had been an X-Men in the 80's? I know DoFP screwed up the timeline of the original trilogy but it was mostly to fix the issues of Last Stand sucking.

*edit* not that I'm complaining. More nightcrawler is awesome. I'm super geeked for it (minus the Flock of Seagulls emo-boy haircut)

lol

I guess the timeline changes completely wipeout all events of the previous movies.

Also, for example, Jubilee is joining the X-Men now with Cyclops and Jean, but in the original movies she was their student.

The character may still exist but the timeline has changed on when they were born and when they joined the X-Men.

Makes sense to me.

Quicksilver Has Bigger, Longer, More Detailed Scene in X-Men: Apocalypse

"Yeah, Quicksilver does his thing again," Peters teased. "It's bigger, longer, and more detailed. I think it's an amazing sequence that they've put together." The actor said they "shot for 22 days of second unit, working on the sequence," which he called "amazing."

That's a very long time to work on a single sequence or scene in a film, and Peters acknowledged that, as well.

"It’s so cool to take that much time to make something like that really pop and really work. Knock on wood, I think it’s going to be a fun and enjoyable sequence for people to watch, with Quicksilver running around and doing his thing in slow-mo time. I hope people like it."

Quicksilver_Pietro_Maximoff.jpg

Quicksilver Has Bigger, Longer, More Detailed Scene in X-Men: Apocalypse

"Yeah, Quicksilver does his thing again," Peters teased. "It's bigger, longer, and more detailed. I think it's an amazing sequence that they've put together." The actor said they "shot for 22 days of second unit, working on the sequence," which he called "amazing."

That's a very long time to work on a single sequence or scene in a film, and Peters acknowledged that, as well.

"It’s so cool to take that much time to make something like that really pop and really work. Knock on wood, I think it’s going to be a fun and enjoyable sequence for people to watch, with Quicksilver running around and doing his thing in slow-mo time. I hope people like it."

Quicksilver_Pietro_Maximoff.jpg

There definitely wasn't enough of him in DOFP.

Who Will Carry The X-Men Film Franchise After X-Men: Apocalypse?

The obvious candidates are the newly recast Cyclops (Tye Sheridan), Storm (Alexandra Shipp), and Jean Grey (Sophie Turner). These character, in their older incarnations, were part of the focus of the original X-Men trilogy, but were often overshadowed by Wolverine’s character arcs, particular in X2: X-Men United. As a fan, I’m hoping that these young actors were cast with the intent of turning them into the next franchise stars, since there’s a lot of potential in telling their stories beginning before the age we met them at in the first X-Men. Writer/producer Simons Kinberg has even recently said that he was surprised at how much Apocalypse, intended to finish the Magneto/Mystique/Xaveir story, became a story about this new cast.

Nothing against those actors, but are they at a point in their careers they could achieve the same excitement in their roles as Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy and Jennifer Lawrence?

I may like Rebecca Romijn's Mystique more from the early X-movies, but Lawrence has been able to carry a $2.6 billion franchise forward with The Hunger Games. That's quite impressive.