• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016

1,618 posts in this topic

X-Men: Apocalypse Trailer Reportedly Coming With The Martian

When The Martian heads to theaters on October 2, Heroic Hollywood claims the first trailer for Fox's X-Men: Apocalypse will come with it.

A number of images arrived online this week, seemingly from the film's trailer, and that apparently spurred HH to ask their studio sources, who reported back that a trailer for the May-releasing superhero tentpole is coming soon.

Simon Kinberg Confirms There Are Plans To Crossover DEADPOOL & GAMBIT With The X-MEN

"The idea is that we’ve sort of reset the timeline after Days Of Future Past in some ways, and if not erased, certainly allowed for change from ’X1,’ ’2,’ ’3,’ everything from ’Days of Future Past’ forward, 1973, everything we set now becomes canon," he explained. "So the Gambit movie, the Deadpool movie, will exist in a world that acknowledges whatever happened in Days Of Future Past and moving forward. Doesn’t mean they’ll always interact with those characters, obviously, it’s not like every movie has all the characters, but they all have to exist within the same rules."

"I have it on my computer, and I have it sort of tattooed on my brain now too," Kinberg added, when asked how he kept track of all these character plans. "Nothing external, so that if I get knocked over the head, no one can read it. It’s literally behind my eyelids. But yeah, we have a clear sense of the directions we want to take them in and in my my mind at least, how we could start to cross-pollinate sort of with those characters that have their standalone movies."

Hugh Jackman To Reportedly Be Involved In X-Men: Apocalypse Reshoots

X-Men: Apocalypse is headed back to Montreal in January for reshoots, according to Le Journal de Montréal. They'll spend a few weeks shooting at Mel's Studio, which is the same location production used earlier this year for principal photography.

Additionally, Le Journal de Montréal reports that "it seems that Hugh Jackman will be on hand" for the reshoots. 20th Century Fox has not made Jackman's involvement in the film official, but we reported in June that an X-Men: Apocalypse prop was created for Jackman. Whether Jackman is coming back to refine a scene(s) or expand his role is anybody's guess.