• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016

1,618 posts in this topic

Michael Fassbender Pitched MAGNETO Story Ideas To Writer Simon Kinberg For X-MEN: APOCALYPSE

-------------------------

"Yeah, I mean, I haven't got a -script or anything yet, but I'm always excited to see where Simon Kinberg's going to go with the next X-Men. X-Men's been great to me and allowed me to do so much, including films like Frank. I've had a lot of fun with the cast and with the character, Magneto. So I had a good chat with Simon [Kinberg] when we were on our way to Moscow, and we tossed around some ideas on the plane over there. So I'm pretty excited to see how it all comes together.

Well, I can't really tell you [laughs], I want it to be in the next one! I've had these conversations with Simon and there's a certain strand of his story that I think is pretty interesting and would like to explore, if we could."

-------------------------

Bryan Singer Set For X-MEN: APOCALYPSE; 'Cyclops', 'Jean Grey' And More Confirmed

------------------

"Apocalypse takes place a decade after Days of Future Past and is a seamless next step in the story. The altering of time has unleashed a new and uniquely powerful enemy. Charles (James McAvoy), Erik/Magneto (Michael Fassbender), Raven/Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence), Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) and Hank/Beast (Nicholas Hoult) are joined by young Cyclops, Storm, Jean and others as the X-Men must fight their most formidable foe yet – an ancient unrelenting force determined to cause an apocalypse unlike any in human history."

------------------

Please for the love of God bring back Nightcrawler!

Alan Cumming did a great job, but now we need to see the sword wielding, younger version!

First Class took place in '63 right?

If Mystique had Nightcrawler in '64 or '65,then by the time Apocalypse starts.

Nightcrawler would be in his late teens early '20s hm

This is what it should be.

311px-X-Factor_Vol_1_19.jpg

If not Angel, then Caliban as death.

Peace,

Chip

I agree, I think characters like Wolverine and Gambit as horsemen would be a little weird for a general audience.

Gambit is going to appear in Apocalypse before his standalone movie, so it wouldn't be too crazy for him to first appear in Apocalypse as Death and deal with his internal conflict throughout the movie. Then, give him a standalone movie to tell his full story- similar to Origin, but good. If DOFP was Jackman's last X movie, then Gambit will be positioned as the new conflicted anti-hero of the franchise.

There's a hidden picture in that cover....

X-Men: Apocalypse Will Probably Change

Course With These Main Characters

Back in 2011, the X-Men franchise managed to pull off something kind of incredible. After spending years of establishing actors like Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen and Rebecca Romijn as cinematic versions of Professor X, Magneto and Mystique, the series completely changed things up with the prequel X-Men: First Class - bringing in younger actors James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence to play the aforementioned parts. Now, three years later, the comic book movie franchise is ready to do a bit of recasting once again, although this time it will be with the characters like Jean Grey, Storm, Cyclops.

This news comes to us from Deadline, which has gotten its hands on some big news about the in-development X-Men: Apocalypse. Included in a somewhat vague plot description of the film - which promises the return of McAvoy's Professsor X, Fassbender's Magneto, Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique, Hugh Jackman's Wolverine and Nicholas Hoult's Beast - the site seems to confirm that the movie will include "young Cyclops, Storm, Jean and others." This was previously hinted at by director Bryan Singer back in April, but now it sounds like we can officially start anticipating new casting rumors for young X-Men characters. The report adds that there's a chance that the sequel could be the first movie to introduce the long-rumored Channing Tatum version of Gambit, but the way that information is presented in the article seems more like speculation than confirmation.

Thinking about the timeline of the X-Men franchise, it makes a lot of sense that the new, young versions of characters like Jean Grey, Storm, Cyclops would be introduced. X-Men: Apocalypse begins a full 10 years after the events of X-Men: Days of Future Past - which was set in 1973 - and it makes sense that around this time Professor X would be first bringing in some of his most notable students into his school for Gifted Youngsters. Judging from the ages of Famke Janssen, Halle Berry and James Marsden - who first played the trio of mutants in the original X-Men trilogy - we can probably expect that the young versions of their characters will be in their mid-teens.

X-Men: Apocalypse is currently penciled in to be released on May 27, 2016, and production is expected to start up next year. Simon Kinberg is writing the screenplay based on a story he developed with Bryan Singer,Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris, and according to Deadline the movie will see the X-Men "fight their most formidable foe yet – an ancient unrelenting force determined to cause an apocalypse unlike any in human history." Are you excited yet? Do you have your own personal casting suggestions for the younger versions of Jean Grey, Storm and Cyclops?

SOURCE

This news comes to us from Deadline, which has gotten its hands on some big news about the in-development X-Men: Apocalypse. Included in a somewhat vague plot description of the film - which promises the return of McAvoy's Professsor X, Fassbender's Magneto, Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique, Hugh Jackman's Wolverine and Nicholas Hoult's Beast - the site seems to confirm that the movie will include "young Cyclops, Storm, Jean and others."

This is the only one that is not clicking for me when it comes to First Class and then X-Men: Days of Future Past. There is something about Jennifer Lawrence that just isn't completely portraying Mystique for me like Rebecca Romijn did.

Romijn just seemed to have more of the attitude, deadliness and contempt towards humans that is not coming across in the newer movies.

Simon Kinberg Talks Wolverine's Claws; Teases 'Cable', 'Psylocke', More For X-MEN: APOCALYPSE

On Cable:

"We also talked about including him in ‘DOFP’. I will say, we love the character, we’d love to find a place for him in these movies, but I cannot confirm or deny which characters will actually be in ‘Apocalypse’ until I read some spoilers!"

On Psylocke

Psylocke nearly made an appearance in X-Men: Days of Future Past and may be in X-Men: Apocalypse: "She’s a fan favourite, and also a favourite of mine. We have a small part that she plays in ‘Last Stand’, and we talked about including her in ‘DOFP’ quite seriously actually. There was a version of the -script she was in and we even auditioned some actors in Montreal. But we didn’t feel there was enough of a part she would play in a movie that was already full of many, many mutants. She has a cool power. I know Bryan thinks she’s a neat character so there’s certainly a chance she’ll be in an ‘X-Men’ movie some day. Hopefully there’ll be a lot of ‘X-Men’ movies and there’s lot of mutants we’re yet to fully explore onscreen, even if they’ve had cameos before. Now we’re making more films there’s a chance to dig deeper."

Simon Kinberg Talks Wolverine's Claws; Teases 'Cable', 'Psylocke', More For X-MEN: APOCALYPSE

On Cable:

"We also talked about including him in ‘DOFP’. I will say, we love the character, we’d love to find a place for him in these movies, but I cannot confirm or deny which characters will actually be in ‘Apocalypse’ until I read some spoilers!"

:wishluck:

They've talked about him a few times now. So the interest is definitely there.

Peace,

Chip

I agree, I think characters like Wolverine and Gambit as horsemen would be a little weird for a general audience.

Gambit is going to appear in Apocalypse before his standalone movie, so it wouldn't be too crazy for him to first appear in Apocalypse as Death and deal with his internal conflict throughout the movie. Then, give him a standalone movie to tell his full story- similar to Origin, but good. If DOFP was Jackman's last X movie, then Gambit will be positioned as the new conflicted anti-hero of the franchise.

What is it?

Simon Kinberg Talks X-MEN: APOCALYPSE; Teases 80s Setting And Beast/Mystique Relationship

------------------

"I will say that [X-Men: Apocalypse] is definitely the close of a trilogy for those First Class characters, which isn’t to say we won’t see them in future movies, hopefully we will, but it’s a completion of an arc for them," he revealed, before going on to discuss how the next movie in the franchise will once again explore the relationship between Beast and Mystique as X-Men: First Class did. "I think that the friendship between Erik and Charles, which has always been so integral to the franchise, is something we’re continuing to explore and hopefully deepen with Apocalypse. And the relationship between Beast and Mystique is a really interesting one that we didn’t have a lot of time to explore in Days of Future Past, so we’ll have an opportunity to do more of that."

------------------

Peace,

Chip

What is it?

Inquiring minds want to know...