• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2013 CGC Forum Holiday Raffle!!

1,852 posts in this topic

I still haven't got my raffle prize. The person I won from has money issues, but guess what? They have been BUYING comics in sales threads.

That's just not cool, but I guess there's always a few bad apples. :tonofbricks:

Who is this person? They must be shunned and ridiculed publicly.

I still haven't got my raffle prize. The person I won from has money issues, but guess what? They have been BUYING comics in sales threads.

I'm just going to forget about the raffle and realize I'm never going to get those sweet Archie books.

Anyone else ever get their prizes from jop?

Did you send them a PM? Maybe there's a reason it hasn't shipped yet? (Trying to keep the positive vibe the Holiday Secret Santa and Raffle elicit... lol )

I'm just going to forget about the raffle and realize I'm never going to get those sweet Archie books.

Anyone else ever get their prizes from jop?

I did not get mine either.

He stated he was having money problems with things I won't go in to.

I replied that he should keep / sell the books I 'won' (Preacher #1 & FF #52) as they would fetch some coin and help him out.

He replied 'no.....that I made the offers and have a couple of other things to sell.'

This person was kind enough to donate a lot of prizes for the raffle, which I think is great. Mind you, if you can't afford to ship them out, then you shouldn't be donating them. Honestly, if he said he didn't have the money to send them out, and yet is still buying books in the marketplace, the organizers of the exchange/raffle should seriously consider not allowing him to enter next year's event.

2c

The amount of amazing people PMing me is really cool.

Thank you to oakman and 143ksk for the amazing offers. I really appreciate it. I'd also like anyone else who didn't get the stuff from the guy to let everyone know.

That's the thing. I don't have a problem with someone not having the cash to send the stuff out.

It's just when I see that he is buying things and I see his sales thread and he's made hundreds if not over a thousand bucks.

I've been PMing with the guy since the beginning. Telling him it was cool. I was going to PM for an update this morning and decided I'd look and see if he had sold stuff recently and I saw the buying part.

Also, I told Mikenyc about it awhile ago. He said he'd PM the guy, but I'm not sure if he heard anything back.

This person was kind enough to donate a lot of prizes for the raffle, which I think is great. Mind you, if you can't afford to ship them out, then you shouldn't be donating them. Honestly, if he said he didn't have the money to send them out, and yet is still buying books in the marketplace, the organizers of the exchange/raffle should seriously consider not allowing him to enter next year's event.

2c

+1

Also, maybe a one-gift limit for newbies just in case something like this happens, multiple people don't get stuck.

-slym

The amount of amazing people PMing me is really cool.

Thank you to oakman and 143ksk for the amazing offers. I really appreciate it. I'd also like anyone else who didn't get the stuff from the guy to let everyone know.

That's the thing. I don't have a problem with someone not having the cash to send the stuff out.

It's just when I see that he is buying things and I see his sales thread and he's made hundreds if not over a thousand bucks.

I've been PMing with the guy since the beginning. Telling him it was cool. I was going to PM for an update this morning and decided I'd look and see if he had sold stuff recently and I saw the buying part.

Also, I told Mikenyc about it awhile ago. He said he'd PM the guy, but I'm not sure if he heard anything back.

No problem brother.I live for this sheit. lol Love to give. :foryou:

If someone could help with boardie yeahmwhatevers that would be awesome.If not I'll get something to him too! Let me know if someone will pick that one up.

2c

+1

Also, maybe a one-gift limit for newbies just in case something like this happens, multiple people don't get stuck.

-slym

Ehh, everybody got my stuff within a week. I don't think it's a great idea to limit new people on here since it's a good way to get a sense of the board and it's members. 2c

That's just not cool, but I guess there's always a few bad apples. :tonofbricks:

I still havent gotten my raffle prize yet and I beleive that mine was supposed to be coming from the same individual.

From Harvey:

Eight.

56. Archie Afterlife lot Donated by: jop

79. Nowhere Men 2 & 3 CGC SS 9.8 Nate Bellegarde Donated by: jop

80. Preacher 1 and Fantastic Four 52 both raw

81. Supergirl 1 CGC 8.5 Donated by: jop

Batman Family 1 CGC 8.5

Werewolf by Night 2

Werewolf by Night 3

Black Panther 1

Black Panther 2

Adventures of the Big Boy 245

Power Man & Iron Fist 57

Korack Son of Tarzan 1

82. At least 29 BLB (Big Little Books) Donated by: jop

114. Jonah Hex run of 75 Issues 1977 onward #1 - 90 missing 15 for a complete total run

The Fury of Firestorm complete run 81 issues 1982 onward #1 - #64 1-4 Annuals

Firestorm The Nuclear Man 65 issues 1987 series #65 - 100 lots of doubles Ann #5

115. Completely random lot, for all you gamblers out there.

120: Spider-man #9 CGC 9.6 Qualified (Name written on cover in Marker) and The Punisher Official Movie Adaptation

2c

+1

-slym

Ehh, everybody got my stuff within a week. I don't think it's a great idea to limit new people on here since it's a good way to get a sense of the board and it's members. 2c

I got my raffle prize from Andre very quickly. (ASM #11 :banana: ) I'm glad they let new people participate. (thumbs u

Sounds like jop over-extended himself a bit. On the flip side he was my secret santa and was generous with his gift. (shrug)

That is a whole lot of books. I'm sure that would cost quite a bit more than he's been spending in sales threads. But, should you be spending anything in sales threads when you are PMing 8 different people about money issues?

Ok, so we've got some people we need to make whole.

Harvey, can you get a list of the boardies names together (I'd do it but I've been up since 7am drinking....(gold medal game dawg)

Oak has stepped up to grab one, I'll take one. Anyone willing to help, chime in. :foryou:

Slym :headbang:

This is what I found in my list:

:)

56. Archie Afterlife lot - Donated by: jop, US shipping only picked by LanceTX

79. Nowhere Men 2 & 3 CGC SS 9.8 Nate Bellegarde Donated by: jop, US shipping only picked by thermal

80. Preacher 1 and Fantastic Four 52 both raw Donated by: jop, US shipping only picked by umyeahwhatevers

81. Supergirl 1 CGC 8.5, Batman Family 1 CGC 8.5, Werewolf by Night 2, Werewolf by Night 3, Black Panther 1, Black Panther 2, Adventures of the Big Boy 245, Power Man & Iron Fist 57, Korack Son of Tarzan 1 Donated by: jop, US shipping only picked by camper49

82. At least 29 BLB (Big Little Books) Donated by: jop North America shipping only. picked by Baltimore Lauren

114. Jonah Hex run of 75 Issues 1977 onward #1 - 90 missing 15 for a complete total run; The Fury of Firestorm complete run 81 issues 1982 onward #1 - #64 1-4 Annuals; Firestorm The Nuclear Man 65 issues 1987 series #65 - 100 lots of doubles Ann #5 Donated by: jop, US shipping only picked by Cimm

115. Completely random lot, for all you gamblers out there. Donated by: jop, US shipping only picked by pink181

120. Spider-man #9 CGC 9.6 Qualified (Name written on cover in Marker) and The Punisher Official Movie Adaptation. Donated by jop, North American shipping only.picked by romanheart

-slym

Ok, so we've got some people we need to make whole.

Harvey, can you get a list of the boardies names together (I'd do it but I've been up since 7am drinking....(gold medal game dawg)

Oak has stepped up to grab one, I'll take one. Anyone willing to help, chime in. :foryou:

I'm sure I could dredge through my collection and put something together. Give me a name and an address.