• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What cover is this swiped from?

15 posts in this topic

Are you thinking of one of these perhaps?

I didn't look back through the pages, but is there a listing for all of the books (and I'm sure there are *a lot*) that feature two teams/groups running at each other? And this motif spans many different ages.

Such as:

avengers53.jpg

xmen100.jpg

avengersannual2.jpg

Is this a Marvel-only thing or are there some DC examples?

Here's a DC example:

08-06-201375537PM_zpse8a6b14e.jpg

???

Doesn't seem to be a swipe from anything I can remember.

Does have elements of many different covers though (including Supes vs. Doomsday from Action #684) but that post that GL is in is a pretty popular post for a Superhero.

In my mind, I can picture a cover that's laid out exactly like the JLE #48 cover (with Alan Scott being replaced by... Superman? Thor?) and all the other characters being replaced by someone else.

Like Sal, I imagined it was probably a Gil Kane cover.

Well, it could very well be my mind is just filling in images from several different covers to create the composite I'm imagining.

But if I should see an "original source" for this cover, I'll post it in this thread. :)

In my mind, I can picture a cover that's laid out exactly like the JLE #48 cover (with Alan Scott being replaced by... Superman? Thor?) and all the other characters being replaced by someone else.

Like Sal, I imagined it was probably a Gil Kane cover.

Well, it could very well be my mind is just filling in images from several different covers to create the composite I'm imagining.

But if I should see an "original source" for this cover, I'll post it in this thread. :)

I think you're right, I can almost see the original as well but can't quite put my finger on it either. Arrgh!