• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GODZILLA!!!

387 posts in this topic

I hope everyone here that is pining for yet another Godzilla reboot actually bothered to go see Pacific Rim, which was an awesome tribute to the monster movies of yore.....

I thought Pacific Rim was o.k.

It's worth watching for the special effects/visuals alone

but the story/acting seemed a little drawn out/lacking (and that was to be expected).

7 out of 10 is my take.

When the evening news starts showing teasers, I turn off the television. I can't stand people wasting my time with vague useless information. How long did I wait to look at a silhouette of a monster that looked like that lizard version from the last movie? If it looks like the one in the last movie, I have no interest in seeing it.

DG

So you watched a teaser trailer and are now upset that you got teased?

Ok.

I'm not upset over anything. It looked like garbage. They gave me no reason to want to see the movie. Perhaps if they'd showed me the monster, they would have enticed me to see the movie.

DG

When the evening news starts showing teasers, I turn off the television. I can't stand people wasting my time with vague useless information. How long did I wait to look at a silhouette of a monster that looked like that lizard version from the last movie? If it looks like the one in the last movie, I have no interest in seeing it.

DG

So you watched a teaser trailer and are now upset that you got teased?

Ok.

I'm not upset over anything. It looked like garbage. They gave me no reason to want to see the movie. Perhaps if they'd showed me the monster, they would have enticed me to see the movie.

DG

It's a monster movie. They aren't going to show the monster and blow that surprise.

Not knowing what the danger looks like is part of the reason why one is scared in the first place.

It's a monster movie. They aren't going to show the monster and blow that surprise.

Not knowing what the danger looks like is part of the reason why one is scared in the first place.

I'm guessing the danger looks a little something like this:

SonGodzillaPhoto3.jpg

I hope everyone here that is pining for yet another Godzilla reboot actually bothered to go see Pacific Rim, which was an awesome tribute to the monster movies of yore.....

Yup. It was an awesome tribute. Made me feel like an 8 year old kid watching a monster movie on a Saturday afternoon!

Yup. It was an awesome tribute. Made me feel like an 8 year old kid watching a monster movie on a Saturday afternoon!

Ya do know there is going to be a resurge of big monsters in movies again. We'll probably be seeing remakes of giant bug movies and such. Giant grasshoppers climbing on skyscrapers and great big octopus tearin' down bridges kind of stuff. Yep the big monsters are on they're way back to the big screen. Can't wait. :)

Ya do know there is going to be a resurge of big monsters in movies again. We'll probably be seeing remakes of giant bug movies and such. Giant grasshoppers climbing on skyscrapers and great big octopus tearin' down bridges kind of stuff. Yep the big monsters are on they're way back to the big screen. Can't wait. :)

Still waiting on Cloverfield 2 : the Re-Clovering. :taptaptap: