• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GODZILLA!!!

387 posts in this topic

Almost no action in the first hour of the movie. Half the time you say Godzilla he was swimming in the ocean. When he FINALLY appeared on land, most of the time it was dark, cloudy or they were shaking the camera... again, they were cheating us. Only a few clean shots of Godzilla here and there. The CGI on the destruction parts was awesome, but I came to see Godzilla, not half destroyed buildings. Bryan Cranston was AWESOME in the movie, only decent actor in it... and he wasn't around for long. I give the movie a C+

It definitely needed a lot more Godzilla in this Godzilla movie. That's a fact.

+1....not impress with this movie at all...X-men on the other hand...love it!

Godzilla 2 is a go!

Gareth Edwards Confirms GODZILLA 2 Return; New Monsters Revealed

It's the news you've been waiting for. Monarch confirm Godzilla is not alone. Rodan! Mothra! King Ghidorah!

:whee::whee::whee:

wow how the movie has done in japan since it should be opening these weekend or the next. i do wonder if Godzilla 2 is going to be the only joint movie between WB and Legendary.

so that's answers my question

Warner Bros. Announce Release Date Of GODZILLA 2

Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures announced today that the sequel to Gareth Edwards' Godzilla will be released on June 8th, 2018. :whee:

It will be interesting to see if a second movie does well. I feel the studio pulled a "bait and switch" on the audience with the first one. From the commercials, it looked like Godzilla was going to be the big bad and we were going to get an uber serious take on the premise. Instead, we got a big budget "Japanese" Godzilla, complete with a made up paramilitary organization that battles monsters and other giant monsters.

I loved the movie, but I love the Japanese Godzilla. My wife was excited about the movie and I think ultimately, she was super disappointed after she saw it. I have a feeling much of the audiences that are not traditional fans of Godzilla felt the same way.