• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GODZILLA!!!

387 posts in this topic

I absolutely love this movie. I am looking forward to the Blu-Ray.

(thumbs u

same here i can't wait to get it on Blu-Ray plus i'm keeping my eye out for any limited edition that come out in japan for it.

Japanese Studio Behind 1954 'GODZILLA' Plans 2016 Release

------------------

As The Wall Street Journal reports, Japanese studio Toho announced that they are prepping a new Godzilla film for 2016 that will bring the King of Monsters back to his native home of Japan. The last time Toho revived its most famous kaiju was in 2004, for Godzilla: Final Wars.

Little else has been announced about the new project, though it’s no surprise that Toho would want to revisit their original creation, which the studio first introduced in 1954.

Following this year’s Godzilla, which dominated the box office, an American sequel was announced for 2018. The film also helped boost direct Gareth Edwards into a directing role for a new Star Wars film. The four-year gap between releases, however, allows Toho to jump in just as audiences become antsy for another film.

------------------

I wonder if this replaces the 2018 follow-up movie.

------------------

As The Wall Street Journal reports, Japanese studio Toho announced that they are prepping a new Godzilla film for 2016 that will bring the King of Monsters back to his native home of Japan. The last time Toho revived its most famous kaiju was in 2004, for Godzilla: Final Wars.

Little else has been announced about the new project, though it’s no surprise that Toho would want to revisit their original creation, which the studio first introduced in 1954.

Following this year’s Godzilla, which dominated the box office, an American sequel was announced for 2018. The film also helped boost direct Gareth Edwards into a directing role for a new Star Wars film. The four-year gap between releases, however, allows Toho to jump in just as audiences become antsy for another film.

------------------

Doubt it..

There are now 2 Godzillas. The US one and Japanese one

I predict the next U.S. Godzilla is not going to clear $200 million. That movie turned out to be the biggest disappointment this summer. It was an exercise in bait & switch. They advertised a movie with Godzilla, great actors, a realistic approach, etc., basically, a new direction for Godzilla that was going to be fantastic! And then they ended up releasing a movie which was basically a Japanese Godzilla story with pretty Hollywood makeup. And they didn't even show Godzilla much.

I know my wife who would not have seen Godzilla otherwise was excited for it. And then we saw it and that excitement turned into disappointment. I suspect that was the case for many people. There is no way I'll be able to drag her to the next movie.

------------------

------------------

Sweet, I wonder if they will bring back the old rubber suit, and do bathtub ocean scenes again.

I loved the old movies

Someone needs to remake "The War of the Gragantuas"

------------------

------------------

Damn double post.

GO GODZILLA!

------------------

------------------

Sweet, I wonder if they will bring back the old rubber suit, and do bathtub ocean scenes again.

I loved the old movies

Someone needs to remake "The War of the Gragantuas"

and Attack of the Mushroom People!