• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GODZILLA!!!

387 posts in this topic

Word on the Internet Street in the Asian markets they had a post credit scene

the camera starts to show a lot of flying MUTO and leading them is Mothra the scenes ends with Mothra creating a hurricane like winds

Saw it this morning in Imax 3-D. Have to say the crowds were some of the largest I have seen for the 1st showing of the day at the theater I frequent. It was better than I expected. I enjoyed it a lot.

Just saw this. Freakin awesome. Only complaint is short screen time for the big lizzard. Glad this one was written as him being the hero. The score set the mood very well in getting the viewer to feel sorry for the beast when he went down. Final battle fatality was epic. Loved his visual appearance, the way he should have looked.

Just saw this. Freakin awesome. Only complaint is short screen time for the big lizzard. Glad this one was written as him being the hero. The score set the mood very well in getting the viewer to feel sorry for the beast when he went down. Final battle fatality was epic. Loved his visual appearance, the way he should have looked.

Loved Godzilla. Not nearly enough Godzilla. Too much stupid actor plots and not enough GIANT LIZARD BREATHING FIRE. Although I did like that Godzilla is essentially a grumpy old guy who says, "OK, fine, I'll fix it" and gets off his lawn chair and kicks the MOTU's ..

Aaron taylor-johnson's voice kills it for me. He was good in kick but just straight out boring in this. I hate to say it, but pacific rim had better action scenes than this movie. Hopefully a sequel will be made and it'll have more action and not treat godzilla as a supporting cast member.

It's a flick about monsters punching each other and knocking over buildings. I didn't expect much, and didn't get much in return.

I expected the movie to have monsters punching each other and knocking over buildings more than five minutes.

It's a flick about monsters punching each other and knocking over buildings. I didn't expect much, and didn't get much in return.

Its actually about a soldier trying to disarm a nuke and get home to his family. Godzilla wasn't in this movie.

Watched it today, was slow at times but it was pretty fun, my family liked it. I do agree with others though, I don't understand why Godzilla had so little screen time.

Several people compare this to Pacific Rim. While I do go to the movies alot (I love films) I haven't seen that, no intentions, just looks so incredibly stupid.

Pacific rim was better. The best part of this movie dies about 30 min into the movie. They could have given Godzilla more screen time and had him use the radiation blast more but for a b-movie monster flick it wasn't bad.

I liked Pacific Rim 10X better. This movie was just not good.

Pacific Rim was better than I expected. Godzilla was indeed a supporting character unfortunately. Owned the screen though when he was on it. Loved it when he breath blasted the Mota down its throat and the ripped its head off. Was better than the one in the 90's with Broderick.

o.k. since i am the OP I feel it is time for me to write my review.

Over all I give it a 7 out of 10, which is great for a monster movie.

There are obvious reasons why I pulled this back (most of what was already stated, but forgivable for a monster flick)...

One thing that I must agree with a good bit of the critics issue was that this movie could've been edited down a lot more. There was too much character fluff that could've been cut away to allow more monster time.

This was a great monster flick and I got my money's worth, I just feel that if they if they edited this more it could've gotten higher. It just felt sluggish in areas.

It's tough to be a movie critic and give a honest opinion. The fanboy in me wants to give this 10 out of 10, but that wouldn't be fair to the films that worked their arses off to earn that status.

Still though, my fam and I loved it!

(worship)

This flick motivated me to look through the attic and find old trusty...

He's seen a lot of love: his fire switch is broke and he's missing a his fist, but he's still GODZILLA!!!

147318.jpg

:cloud9:

nice. Double MUTO trouble. I don't have the rodan though.

4B0B0D67-F20C-44F2-87D6-91BCD908BA6D_zpsmthz68pw.jpg