• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, just got "reported to eBay"...

89 posts in this topic

I'm not saying neg him or leave him neutral feedback just because I'm a . I really take feedback very seriously. I leave "accurate" feedback. If a guy sells a book that is not the same book in the description (grading wise), but does refund him, I think that warrants a neutral feedback with a carefully worded description. 2c

I wouldn't leave a negative or a neutral.

You get to keep the book AND got a full refund. Even if he switched the book, you lost nothing.

If you don't want the book add it to your next PIF offering. (thumbs u

But he got the book and the refund by pushing for it. I feel like he has an obligation to other potential buyers that the guy can't grade. Why should the next unsuspecting buyer have to go through this again or lose money on shipping or a book? (shrug)

That's the whole point of feedback, right? To let other buyers know how the seller is doing?

Slym didn't lose anything except a few moments of time to e-mail the seller.

I would buy from sellers that let you keep the item AND give you a full refund when unhappy. That seems like the top of the eBay foodchain of sellers. 2c

Ebay gambling, with added bonus: fuzzy photos. Been there, been burned - but will continue to see if I can get lucky. (shrug)

Slym, I'd leave him a neutral suggesting better pictures and ding his stars.

Normally, I'd guess the guy is gaming the system with crappy photos, but honestly - who is going to set themselves up to scam someone out of $1.99? He's probably just some plnhead that doesn't know how to take pictures or grade.

I'd give him constructive neutral feedback and hopefully he improves his listings - it's really the only way to get people to change, if they can.

I would actually leave positive feedback, but comment on the poor packaging and leave stars accordingly. Yes, the OP had to discuss this with the seller and the seller did talk about reporting him, but in the end, it sounds like the OP got:

1) A book shipped in a timely manner

2) A book that was not damaged by the shipping method

3) A resolution to his problem (some eBay transactions result in unsatisfied customers. This unsatisfied customer was given a full refund and got to keep the book. This sounds reasonable)

I wouldn't leave a negative or a neutral.

You get to keep the book AND got a full refund. Even if he switched the book, you lost nothing.

If you don't want the book add it to your next PIF offering. (thumbs u

But he got the book and the refund by pushing for it. I feel like he has an obligation to other potential buyers that the guy can't grade. Why should the next unsuspecting buyer have to go through this again or lose money on shipping or a book? (shrug)

That's the whole point of feedback, right? To let other buyers know how the seller is doing?

Slym didn't lose anything except a few moments of time to e-mail the seller.

I would buy from sellers that let you keep the item AND give you a full refund when unhappy. That seems like the top of the eBay foodchain of sellers. 2c

+1

I know what you're saying. He got the money and the book. But the guy didn't offer that in the beginning. He offered to take the book back IF slym paid shipping?? How is that fair if the guy can't accurately grade?

So, slym's original choices were:

1) Keep the book that wasn't graded correctly

2) Return it at his own expense.

I know it's a $2 book, but what if it were more. It's obvious that with more expensive books there is a huge difference in price and value between a G+ and a VF+. So if slym had spent much more on a VF+ book and got a G+ book, should he be stuck with one of the two choices above?

I'd give him constructive neutral feedback and hopefully he improves his listings - it's really the only way to get people to change, if they can.

This is what I'd do. (thumbs u

Ebay gambling, with added bonus: fuzzy photos. Been there, been burned - but will continue to see if I can get lucky. (shrug)

Normally, I'd guess the guy is gaming the system with crappy photos, but honestly - who is going to set themselves up to scam someone out of $1.99? He's probably just some plnhead that doesn't know how to take pictures or grade.

I agree, Constructive neutral or Backhanded positive.

As long as you're still outlining the fact the book was overgraded.

If the seller ultimately does the right thing by me I am pretty lenient when giving feedback.

I had a seller send me a book (WD 61 I think) . Due to his poor packing, the book arrived soaking wet because he did nothing (other than bagging and boarding the book) to protect the package from rain.

Initially he was going to refund the cost of the book only and stick me with the shipping cost. After initially jerking me around he did the right thing and gave me a full refund without making me send the water logged book back to him.

Because he did the right thing I had no reason to leave him negative feedback as far as i am concerned.

Also, leaving feedback with negative comments or poor ratings on some categories is really just about the same as leaving negative feeback.

I know what you're saying. He got the money and the book. But the guy didn't offer that in the beginning. He offered to take the book back IF slym paid shipping?? How is that fair if the guy can't accurately grade?

So, slym's original choices were:

1) Keep the book that wasn't graded correctly

2) Return it at his own expense.

I know it's a $2 book, but what if it were more. It's obvious that with more expensive books there is a huge difference in price and value between a G+ and a VF+. So if slym had spent much more on a VF+ book and got a G+ book, should he be stuck with one of the two choices above?

Yes. 2c

If I gambled and bought an expensive book from a blurred photo,

the book arrived safely,

however was overgraded,

i contacted the seller and the seller offered me the option to return it,

even at my own expense for return shipping,

I would be happy to be able to get my money back.

I'm not even a dealer or regular internet flipper. I rarely sell. I'm mostly just a buyer of comics. And I think the seller made him right. The seller is out the book, and the shipping to Slym. Now he's going to also get hit on the feedback. With how strict eBay is getting about sellers star ratings, that seems harsh.

Fair enough. (thumbs u

I guess I'd just either not leave them any feedback or neutral/positive with lower star rating. I'm not saying "BURN THE GUYS HOUSE DOWN!!! :pullhair: "...I just don't think he's a hero or straight positive feedback for refunding $2 only after initially telling the buyer: "sure you can return it - at your expense. :baiting: " and then making the buyer feel like he is the one in the wrong. It's just looking out for the next buyer that may not have as much of a backbone as slym and would just be sad that they got duped.

That's all. :)

Rather than go to all of the trouble of asking for a refund for a $2 book I probably would have just left appropriate feedback and star ratings and moved on.

But that's just me. :foryou:

Also, I don't know what he could have possibly reported you for. You did nothing wrong.

:hi:

What does "Report to eBay" actually mean? Someone complained to me about the item I sold but hasn't left feedback so I'm reporting him to eBay? That's baloney. The second thing is, you paid $1.99. You weren't happy. Next time just move on. The time and grief is just not worth it for me for $1.99. Just don't leave feedback. You will live a happier life that way.

The only thing I can think of is that he thought my "I am sorry you feel that way" was some sort of threat/intimidation.

:(

-slym

i'd say it could be taken as a threat......though i highly doubt it was

lol have you not watched movies where a line like that is a threat......could be he percived it that way, hence reporting you

remember what you mean/ment and what you say/said are 2 different things.......in this case it's the way he read it