• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
39 39

5,985 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2022 at 2:28 PM, Inaflash said:

It will sell way above that. Last minute bids.

Well I think part of the problem is it's in Comiclink's Focused auction. I usually hate selling in the Focused auctions because there's sooo many pages of comics, I feel like many get lost in the fray. But I mean you don't have a say in the matter. They don't care if a book is rare or highest graded, it has to breach a certain potential sales threshhold to make the Featured auction, which I prefer to sell in. Since they put a lot less comics in those. I'm sure you're right though, it will sell above the current price. Maybe it will finish one bid higher at $38 :roflmao:

On 7/28/2022 at 5:50 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Well I think part of the problem is it's in Comiclink's Focused auction. I usually hate selling in the Focused auctions because there's sooo many pages of comics, I feel like many get lost in the fray. But I mean you don't have a say in the matter. They don't care if a book is rare or highest graded, it has to breach a certain potential sales threshhold to make the Featured auction, which I prefer to sell in. Since they put a lot less comics in those. I'm sure you're right though, it will sell above the current price. Maybe it will finish one bid higher at $38 :roflmao:

Fixed that for you. (thumbsu

On 7/31/2022 at 11:29 AM, vaultkeeper said:

Was the outcome higher or lower than you expected?

Well considering I thought it was going to finish at like $50, higher for sure haha. I need to have more faith in Mr. L.B. Cole!

On 7/31/2022 at 12:50 PM, vaultkeeper said:

I agree. It is an L.B.Cole cover, but it is not an outstanding cover. Some of his romance covers far outpace this cover in artistic presentation. I think buyers are aware of this.

Yeah I mean it was ok, but nowhere near as spectacular as most of his work. Couldn’t agree with you more.

On 7/31/2022 at 8:16 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Always wanted this cover, and found a very nice presenting 1.0 - I can live with brittle pages and the other issues, the color was so vibrant - I just couldn't pass it up.

01.thumb.jpg.ed10735b91188dd2291d1d3ff4d13b77.jpg

I’m starting to realize some of my favorite covers from him came from Thrilling Crime Cases.

On 8/1/2022 at 8:50 PM, BakerFanOne said:

Picked up this cover proof about 25 years ago.  Love this cover!

Photo_2022-08-01_174713.jpg

Love it!  I have a few proofs.  I may send in my copy of this one in my next submission. 

Random question - Does CGC grade proofs?  

On 8/2/2022 at 12:23 PM, pmpknface said:

Love it!  I have a few proofs.  I may send in my copy of this one in my next submission. 

Random question - Does CGC grade proofs?  

Interesting question.  I have never seen a graded proof so would be cool if they grade them.  

There's a pretty nice copy of Law Against Crime #1 at my local shop for $1800. I kinda want to buy it, but a little worried there's color touch. There's some little black spots inside the cover. Not 100% sure it's bleed through, but it's tough to know for sure. Should probably take a black light, because it's a solid copy.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 8/2/2022 at 6:55 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

There's a pretty nice copy of Law Against Crime #1 at my local shop for $1800. I kinda want to buy it, but a little worried there's color touch. There's some little black spots inside the cover. Not 100% sure it's bleed through, but it's tough to know for sure. Should probably take a black light, because it's a solid copy.

You should totally do that!  Keep us posted...   :popcorn: