• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
39 39

5,931 posts in this topic

On 7/20/2022 at 10:00 AM, vaultkeeper said:

I have, and they assured me they will get them done ASAP.

Yeah because that’s insane man! I’ve called when one of my economy fast track submissions was like a week late and they jumped on it ASAP. To think an express is like 9 months late, nuts lol!

On 7/24/2022 at 4:39 PM, Inaflash said:

Picked this up at San Diego Comicon. Been looking for a sharp copy.

D8AFEFF9-006F-429F-9B46-DFFA7C38E0B5.jpeg

yeh I saw this book after Ken snagged it.  Any sharper and you'd cut yourself!

And beats the current highest graded 8.0 like a drum.  In addition to CR-OW, the 8.0 has "light staple rust and staple detached top of front cover".  You can see the rust juice in the HA scan!

Congrats buddy - a mega score for sure :applause:

On 7/24/2022 at 7:39 PM, Inaflash said:

Picked this up at San Diego Comicon. Been looking for a sharp copy.

D8AFEFF9-006F-429F-9B46-DFFA7C38E0B5.jpeg

Congrats!  Question:  I can see a lot of the inside pages, are you sure it's not trimmed?  It looks great and I'm not sure if you are going to grade it I'm just asking because it stands out.  Heck, this is coming from a guy who just got a book back that was missing a page so I can understand.  Just a thought.  HOPE NOT!  It looks super sharp!   :foryou:

On 7/26/2022 at 3:30 PM, pmpknface said:

Congrats!  Question:  I can see a lot of the inside pages, are you sure it's not trimmed?  It looks great and I'm not sure if you are going to grade it I'm just asking because it stands out.  Heck, this is coming from a guy who just got a book back that was missing a page so I can understand.  Just a thought.  HOPE NOT!  It looks super sharp!   :foryou:

Is the cover short of the interior on the right and bottom edges, or are there white strips of cover stock due to the cover art falling a bit short of the trim? It may be the former but I can't really tell.

On 7/28/2022 at 9:49 AM, Qua-Brot said:

Going on eBay soon. Low grade because of bug chew along top of back cover, so presents beautifully (and what else would one want but the front cover anyway?)

CGC4069571-003_OBV.JPG

CGC4069571-003_REV.JPG

How much?

My L.B. Cole is not getting a lot of love in the current C-Link auction haha. 2nd highest graded of just 6 total graded, with the highest a mere 7.5. So it's pretty rare. There's two semi-intrusive stamps on the cover, so maybe that's turning people off.

On 7/28/2022 at 12:00 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

My L.B. Cole is not getting a lot of love in the current C-Link auction haha. 2nd highest graded of just 6 total graded, with the highest a mere 7.5. So it's pretty rare. There's two semi-intrusive stamps on the cover, so maybe that's turning people off.

What book?