• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,910 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2022 at 8:32 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Since this is the only L.B. Cole thread I know of, I'll post this here. This has no date anywhere on it. Interior clues: 1. It has two flag depictions, one appears to have 49 stars, one has 50. 2. Pluto is still considered a planet! lol

IMG_20221006_172533.jpg

New to me. Very cool find!

On 10/18/2022 at 8:45 PM, Point Five said:

Wow, I'm over the moon with this Shocking Mystery Cases #53. I can't fathom why this issue was never on my radar before... it's got everything I love in an LB Cole cover. I guess it doesn't come around that often? (I certainly see more copies of the surrounding issues.) The skulls and horses look fantastic, and the neon colors just glow.

shockingmystery53.thumb.jpg.677f47b47a0b863297498eb567a5f175.jpg

Great book.  Congrats

On 10/18/2022 at 7:45 PM, Point Five said:

Wow, I'm over the moon with this Shocking Mystery Cases #53. I can't fathom why this issue was never on my radar before... it's got everything I love in an LB Cole cover. I guess it doesn't come around that often? (I certainly see more copies of the surrounding issues.) The skulls and horses look fantastic, and the neon colors just glow.

shockingmystery53.thumb.jpg.677f47b47a0b863297498eb567a5f175.jpg

No one does skull heads better than L.B. Cole. Gorgeous!

On 10/18/2022 at 10:53 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

No one does skull heads better than L.B. Cole. Gorgeous!

Funny thing is, all the floating skulls here appear to be recycled from other Cole covers. The smaller ones on the edges are taken from Blue Bolt #113, and I believe the main skull is from Blue Bolt #115 (you can see some tufts of hair peeking out from under his hat).

On 10/18/2022 at 8:05 PM, Point Five said:

Funny thing is, all the floating skulls here appear to be recycled from other Cole covers. The smaller ones on the edges are taken from Blue Bolt #113, and I believe the main skull is from Blue Bolt #115 (you can see some tufts of hair peeking out from under his hat).

And goes to show how much of a skull boss he was. He was soo damn good, that eventually he could just recycle skulls from other covers. Big pimpin right there!