• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,893 posts in this topic

I used to frequent the used bookstores and flea markets in my area. These seem to show up frequently. At one time, I had 4 copies.

totj10_zps81060deb.jpg

Cool. Always loved the look on the zebra's face on this comic. He's like, "Oh ! Woman get me outta here!"

There was a warehouse find of Terrors of the Jungle 10 and The Thing 16 in the San Francisco bay area in the mid-70's. I remember picking up a dozen copies of each in perfect shape for a dime apiece at my local record shop. It had dozens more of each for sale which I (unfortunately) passed on. I still have a single copy of The Thing 16 from that time.

Love Cole's snow covers! :cloud9:

Me too! He did a handful. I know of 1 I'm still missing. This one would be quite the opposite, and is an upgrade:

qr15ys.jpg

I'll have a handful of dupes and updercopies up for grabs soon. STAY TUNED!

I just piced these 2 up at FedEx this week and have been waiting to scan them. Here's #1:

b8moh0.jpg

That one's a pain in any decent grade. It's not perfect, but I'll take it.

Now, here's a new one that I've been hunting down for over a decade! I had a copy but the tool that mailed it didn't do a good job and I had to return it. Many moons later...

oz7km.jpg

And that, ladies and gentelmen, is how you complete a run! :acclaim:

Group shot pics to follow.... eventually....