• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,893 posts in this topic

Cross posting. Bad form, but...can you blame me?

"Post early and often" is my motto! :preach:

I really like this cover but the lettering looks like it was done by a child.

TopLove07fc100_zps48d27aad.jpg

Ok guys, here's my latest pickup. A bit of a grail for me. There's a bit of an issue with it, but rather than get into it now I'll just enjoy it in all of it's glory:

:applause:

+1, great snag Jamie. I love that whole Suspense run. (thumbs u

Thank you kind sirs! ;)

I now own the toughest issuesof the LB Cole run I think. I have 4, 6, 7, 8. The 5 & 12 are the next toughest, but I'm not thrilled by the #5 cover so we'll see if / when I track them down. I am NOT even entertaining a #3 or #1. Maybe a coverless copy for the Cole story. I'm drooling for a #9, but I have other wants as well!

And the hunt continues!!!

Can't go floozing around in another thread and not come home at the end of the night.

Not the most captivating work by LB, to be sure. But a heck of a hard book to find in grade. After all this time, still the only one in the census. Stumbled upon it on Ebay 10 years ago. O happy day!

Also, A.C. Hollingsworth, credited as working on this book, is considered (after Baker) to be the second most significant black artist of GA. 2nd of 2, perhaps? He more or less hit his stride in horror before leaving comics around 1960 to teach and paint.

TruetoLifeRomances08fc100_zps83b2c1ea.jpg