• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,910 posts in this topic

Posted this in the Favourite purchases for 2013 thread but it just arrived yesterday and I felt the need post it again here...

Suspense8cgc60ow_zps95ac0894.jpg

Many great covers from Cole but this is in the top 5. Never get tired of the skull spider motif he liked to use...

Wow, your tenacity going after these has paid off! :applause:

Thanks man! I'm getting there! Slowly... but I'm getting there! I don't have many in very high grade, but I do have a large quantity of his covers! I'm going through an upgrade / renewal of my comic book software so when that's done I hope to be able to run a few more reports on what I have and what I'm missing. I also want to catalogue the conditions and a few other things.

Eventually I want to be able to log what books of mine are signed too. That'll take some time though! I have a few LB Cole sigs, most on cover proofs, but at least 1 on a comic.

Twistty - WOOHOO! Congrats man! Welcome to the club (which we should start)! Did you snag that from a boardie? Looks familiar.....

Posted this in the Favourite purchases for 2013 thread but it just arrived yesterday and I felt the need post it again here...

Suspense8cgc60ow_zps95ac0894.jpg

Oh baby nice book Twist!

And the holes just keep in being filled! A few years ago this one was always up for grabs, then it disappeared. Last year the 1st copy I had seen in a good long while in VG went for over $100. I just saw this one up today and made a deal off-line for it. Now, I'm down to only needing 2 more for the run!

$_57.JPG

Thanks man! I'm getting there! Slowly... but I'm getting there! I don't have many in very high grade, but I do have a large quantity of his covers! I'm going through an upgrade / renewal of my comic book software so when that's done I hope to be able to run a few more reports on what I have and what I'm missing. I also want to catalogue the conditions and a few other things.

Eventually I want to be able to log what books of mine are signed too. That'll take some time though! I have a few LB Cole sigs, most on cover proofs, but at least 1 on a comic.

Twistty - WOOHOO! Congrats man! Welcome to the club (which we should start)! Did you snag that from a boardie? Looks familiar.....

Thank you. I bought it from the boards' one and vey own GAtor.

Thank you. I bought it from the boards' one and very own GAtor.

If that's the case, then we take it all back. :sumo:

Seriously, nice book! :applause:

A little Cole eye candy

One of my favs. If you prefer lush Cole over psychedelic Cole, this cover's for you.

PopularTeenAgers09fc100_zpsd21c0bf0.jpg

A mood piece. How different artists interpret rain is always interesting.

TruetoLifeRomances12fc100_zps6591ae05.jpg

I know, I know, but...it's got LB's sensibility in terms of editing, it's a powerful study in primary colors. And as one of the few (less than 10) Liz Taylor comic book photo covers, it rocks (name the others for a no-prize).

FilmStarsRomances02fc100_zpsa560a885.jpg

A little Cole eye candy

One of my favs. If you prefer lush Cole over psychedelic Cole, this cover's for you.

PopularTeenAgers09fc100_zpsd21c0bf0.jpg

A mood piece. How different artists interpret rain is always interesting.

TruetoLifeRomances12fc100_zps6591ae05.jpg

I know, I know, but...it's got LB's sensibility in terms of editing, it's a powerful study in primary colors. And as one of the few (less than 10) Liz Taylor comic book photo covers, it rocks (name the others for a no-prize).

FilmStarsRomances02fc100_zpsa560a885.jpg

I know I recently bid on a Liz cover. Must be in the Clink auction. hm

Minor annoyance, but they should have cut some of the words in the dialog balloons in that True to Life Romances. Great cover, though. (thumbs u

Hi All,

Wow! I've missed a lot of great additions. Congrats to all the great pickups.

For some reason I'm no longer getting notified when there is a new post here. :frustrated:

Here is my latest addition:

aero25.jpg

Now, I can concentrate on a Contact 12. :wishluck: