• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,908 posts in this topic

Great Covers!

Ghostly Weird #120 was my first cole cover as well! It was pictured in the 1984 overstreet, or maybe '86 I don't remember now. I knew I had to have one! It was actually pretty tough to track down back then.

Congrats on 2 great covers! Welcome aboard!

Edited by shiverbones

so hope you don't mind me posting these just so I can feel part of the Cole club

Not at all.

Welcome to the Club! :hi:

The books scanned below have already been posted here in this thread, so hope you don't mind me posting these just so I can feel part of the Cole club. :blush:

If anyone needs proof the collecting golden age comics will change your perception of reality, look no further than this post. Annihilus referred to himself in first person. Congrats Annihilus and welcome to the real world! MrBedrock is proud of Annihilus.

Welcome to the club Annihilus! The great thing about collecting Cole is that there is tons of stuff that is still fairly inexpensive, but be forewarned, you WILL develop a taste for higher grade and/or other higher priced Cole, it is inevitable - happy hunting!

Suspense Comics 6. Luv the caption: "Mortals who tamper with Justice eventually must come to THE END OF THE ROAD ... as MR. NOBODY gazes on ... silently."

Suspense_6_med.jpg

One rarely sees this book - Is it one of the harder to find issues?

Welcome to GA, and the world of LB Cole! Outside of a handful of issues, most of his books can be had for under $50 in low-mid grade, and even the most desirable of his covers are relatively chep in LG (compared to mainstream GA superhero titles). The Blue Bolt run covers his two best genres (sci-fi and horror) and is a worthy goal! (thumbs u

One rarely sees this book - Is it one of the harder to find issues?

7-12 seem to be a little more available than the earlier issues, with 4 being the toughest (IMHO). hm

The books scanned below have already been posted here in this thread, so hope you don't mind me posting these just so I can feel part of the Cole club. :blush:

If anyone needs proof the collecting golden age comics will change your perception of reality, look no further than this post. Annihilus referred to himself in first person. Congrats Annihilus and welcome to the real world! MrBedrock is proud of Annihilus.

lol Annihilus will try not to let that happen again! It's tough for a 3rd personer to not let an 'I' or 'me' slip out, especially in a long rambling post.

Anyway, thanks for the kind welcome gents. Looking forward to the hunt for those Cole covers. It's funny, but this almost feels like that Cadillac commercial where the older guys see the younger guys pull up in their Caddy and tell them 'Welcome to the world of gentlemen....gentlemen!' Nevermind the fact that Annihilus is not young and you guys probably aren't old.

Unfortunately, now some of those Schomburg covers are looking pretty sweet too. Argggh.

Unfortunately, now some of those Schomburg covers are looking pretty sweet too. Argggh.

You're doomed.

Yep...and with most Schomburg covers, you can ignore my comment about the majority of them being cheap in low grade. :(