• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,893 posts in this topic

Nice book, a great example of his use of bright, bold contrasting (or maybe it's complimenting?) color schemes.

I've been digging some of Cole's romance covers lately, does anyone have a list of all his romance/teen titles? Still have never found a LB Cole checklist, but sure would like to have one. :wishluck:

Suspense 4 is real tough, I just hope to find an affordable mid-grade with decent eye appeal some day. :wishluck:

In the meantime, I've added a few Cole books recently, here's one picked up off ebay from a board member:

captainflight7.jpg

Awesome copy!!! I only need that one and the #9 to complete my LB Cole run of that title. I also just picked up a CONTACT #1, so I only need to find a #7 of that title to complete that run.

However my recent "grail" pickup was a CGC 4.0 of the classic CRIMINALS OF THE RUN "fish in the face" cover!!!

Awesome copy!!! I only need that one and the #9 to complete my LB Cole run of that title. I also just picked up a CONTACT #1, so I only need to find a #7 of that title to complete that run.

However my recent "grail" pickup was a CGC 4.0 of the classic CRIMINALS OF THE RUN "fish in the face" cover!!!

Nice...did you snag any of the Coles in Filter's recent ebay auctions? You just don't see runs like that offered all at once too often!

Yeah, that's where I got the CONTACT #1. I passed on the #7 because I didn't like that copy.

FYI, here's my Fish Face cover (it's the pic from the listing). The colors are much brighter then they appear:

$(KGrHqNHJCEE92!KG8IqBPnI)CQ(c!~~60_57.JPG

I often use Comic Base to get lists for things, so I'll try to see if I can get you a list of Cole's romance (and other) comics. FYI - they are having a sale if you or anyone else is interested.

One of his best! :applause:

Can't get any better than this! I love this cover.

LBCOLE.jpg[/img]

Pop11.jpg

Isn't she cold?

I myself think she looks pretty HOT :devil:

This cover makes me want to collect Cole again....

This is a great cover. I don't collect romance comics but I would love to have this and the #15 (snow cover).

Here's a cool book. I had Underground Comix legend Larry Welz do a Startling Terror # 11 cover homage with Cherry on an Avenging Spider-man blank:

CGCSSAvengingSpider-manWelz.jpg[/img]

That is so cool! :applause:

Great shot of some nice books my fav is that contact #12 got to love that book LB Cole may not be hot now but how can these books go out of favor.Good job!