• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,893 posts in this topic

Nice pickup. I thought of bidding on that Target Western book because it's a bit nicer than my current copy (mine is cut much closer to the text on the bottom) but I passed. Glad it's going to a nice home! :)

I just won on eBay. I hope I don't jinx myself by posting the scan from the auction before I actually get the book in my hands

I think you'll be ok. I just got in all the books I posted over the last week yesterday! And speaking of posting early, I won this one last night. There are a bunch of them on ebay, but I was looking for an affordable one that presents well and I think I found it:

CONTACT COMICS #7

comcontact1.jpg

I actually was flipping through my Contact #8 the other day, and the Tommy Tomahawk story is quite insane. These Indians get in planes and shout "CHEROKEE!!!!" as they take on the Japanese. It's hysterical!

Now... CAN SOMEONE PLEASE POINT ME IN THE DIRECTION OF A CONTACT #5?!?!?! It's the only issue I need to complete the whole Contact run!!!!

Here's one that pops up occasionally that just ended in my favor. Seems fitting, as I was at Fenway last night! SPORT THRILLS #11:

LB_Cole_ST11_Small.JPG

Sorry for the image, but the one on the listing was so big so I had to try and d-load it and edit it and that's just not my thing. Here's the listing if you want a better shot of it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190691538197?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649&autorefresh=true&autorefresh=true

I just got the above book in, and it looks beautiful. Some tanning on the top corner, but the colors are quite bright. AND I just snagged this one last night. I'll have to cross it off my want list!!! (pic from the auction)

TOP LOVE STORIES #6

$T2eC16RHJGoE9nuQfRbKBP57yOrJig~~60_57.JPG

I don't know if those have been posted before. Congrats! :applause:

Thanks Adam! I love tracking down the not-often-seen issues. :headbang:

Just secured this one off of ebay (listing's scan), Terrors of the Jungle 20, This isn't the best copy, but it's a tough one to get in nice shape. There was another copy out there last week, but there was a spot on the front cover that was killing me. This one may have a bit out of a corner here and there, but I think presents better - and was cheaper!

$(KGrHqN,!hEE-IB(pOEfBP+LmcMbY!~~60_57.JPG

Now, if I can just get a #21 I'll have the high numbered run (which I think also came first). Then I'll still need the 4-8 to complete the whole run.