• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,893 posts in this topic

I only have seven or eight in CGC 8.0 or higher and maybe two or three raw ones that should be at least an 8.0.

I have a list of fifty I want, and if I can get all of them in the next decade, I will consider that a sucess. yay.gif

That's my favorite Cole Catman cover... I love it!

Sfilosa.... at least you're realistic about it smile.gif Start saving your pennies...!

If I could have one super high-grade Cole cover, it would probably be one of the black covers.... Blue Bolt 111 or 115 or Mask Comics #1.

Edited by paull

I'm thinking about going after a VF run of Shocking Mystery Cases, as it's a fairly short run...I just bought one, so we'll see how it goes...hasn't arrived yet, but when it does, I'll post it! It'll also be my first LB Cole, period! (As a precode horror collector, I thought it was pretty sorry that I didn't have a single LB, so I finally took the plunge).

This also brings my longterm precode goal (see my bio info) to 20% complete, if I count this one as precode horror, which I think I am. What do you guys think? I gather that these books are mostly crime reprints and such, but the covers are pretty "horrific" to me....so what's the general consensus on Shocking Mystery Cases, crime or horror?

Shocking Mystery 51 CGC 8.0 off-white pages, from Metro. Paid double guide, so I guess that's more than "standard", but I sold about 10 books on Comiclink this month and did pretty well so I figured what the hey. Love that cover.

I had a feeling it was that book as to me the price was very reasonable. Please post a scan when you get it (as there is no scan on Metro's site).

If I didn't have the Bethlehem ungraded copy (which is probably a VF because of a back cover crease), I would have been all over your copy. 893applaud-thumb.gif

And here she is! Very quick to ship, thanks Metro. hi.gif

My crappy scanner doesn't do this beauty justice, but you get the idea..

mad.gif I actually tried to purchase this from them, but they wouldn't budge on price so I passed on it. Nice pickup! thumbsup2.gif

One of my favorite covers of all time.

Back in the late seventies, when L.B. Cole was doing his cover recreations, that was one of the issues they showed in the annual guide. I would have loved for him to do that one (Logo and all), but at the age of 14, I didn't have $350 (heck lucky to have $35).

SUPER!!!!