• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,910 posts in this topic

Great cover, pmpknface! Never even seen this one before. The word "opium" on the side of the boat is priceless!

Thanks, drbanner!

Thanks man! I saw that one and just HAD to have it! Let's see... a few other key Cole covers that I have:

Startling Terror Tales #4 (w/ the guy that looks like Harrison Ford on the cover) CGC 5.5

Startling Terror Tales #6 (war / horror cover)

Startling Terror Tales #7 (spooky, swamp cover)

Startling Terror Tales #8 (phanotm brigade cover)

Law Against Crime #1

Target Comics V9 #10 - Classic cover!

Just won, but haven't gotten in Shock Detective Cases #20

and check the attachment for Spook #25! laugh.gif

954435-Cole_spook_25.jpg.3277f638542115eed3493a0fadbf41ec.jpg

Just scored 6 more Cole books (thanks Jon!):

• Startling Terror Tales #14 (SEE ATTACHMENT)
  • Eagle Comics #1
  • Eagle Comics #2
  • Shocking Mystery Cases #56
  • Popular Teen-Agers, Secrets of Love #13
  • Top Love Stories #13

968125-COLE_st_terror_tales14B.jpg.09be5f473f7e2c7ff50deb5b9962f9ed.jpg

Edited by pmpknface

Here's my Edgar Church copy of Flaming Western Romances with my all-time favorite LB Cole cover. Although I love it, I've been thinking of selling it. Anyone interested can PM me. The scan is kinda bad and it should grade out at about 9.2 or maybe a little higher. Those wrinkles at the top lefthand corner are on the bag its in — not the comic itself. I've had this for years. It came from a phone auction almost a decade ago in CBG. This is also the copy used in the Gerber Photojournal Guide.

972753-flamingwesternromances.jpg

972753-flamingwesternromances.jpg.e3f15e1fd6d5602c983a3a4346c1ed3e.jpg

Here's my Edgar Church copy of Flaming Western Romances with my all-time favorite LB Cole cover. Although I love it, I've been thinking of selling it. Anyone interested can PM me. The scan is kinda bad and it should grade out at about 9.2 or maybe a little higher. Those wrinkles at the top lefthand corner are on the bag its in — not the comic itself. I've had this for years. It came from a phone auction almost a decade ago in CBG. This is also the copy used in the Gerber Photojournal Guide.

Continental Comics Auction?

Did you get a certificate with it? If so, then the prior owner might have been Overstreet.

I bought one Mile High L.B. Cole cover book from them and it got a CGC 9.4.

I would be interested in the book, but why don't you get it graded?

Outside of serpi and tommy no one bid more than $14 - which if it had been my auction is probably as high as it would get. Reminds me of a few years back when there were two bidders who always won any tijuana bible auction they bid on - and if they started bidding against each other a $10 - $20 8-pager would end up selling for over $100 screwy.gif

Where are these people when I'm selling something?

Outside of serpi and tommy no one bid more than $14 - which if it had been my auction is probably as high as it would get. Reminds me of a few years back when there were two bidders who always won any tijuana bible auction they bid on - and if they started bidding against each other a $10 - $20 8-pager would end up selling for over $100 screwy.gif

Where are these people when I'm selling something?

27_laughing.gif Can you believe that when I posted I had not looked at the bidders' list for that auction? Now that I look at it, I can only laugh. The Tommy factor was there full blast against Serpi. Those guys are killing me. I don't care if they are not buying what I sell but I do care that they seem to be bidding on books I want (and never win).

That's OK.... I find that these type of bidders can't keep up their pace for long. Wait them out and they'll disappear.
Not those guys. TommyFoxwood will drop out eventually though if the price goes too high.

That's OK.... I find that these type of bidders can't keep up their pace for long. Wait them out and they'll disappear.

Serpi's been this "...type of bidder..." forever, don't see him dropping out any time soon... frown.gif

I finally beat Tommyfoxwood on a comic i wanted this week. I must have overbid. I've sold to him, and he pays every time. His amassing of comics must be impressive by now.

What was the book?

It was an impulse purchase that I didn't check out in the guide. Pictorial romances 16. Paid $67 for a decent condition copy. Maybe Fine. Front is really nice, back has a few issues.

I didn't have one in the series, and wanted to check out the interiors.

Ebay item 6572992896