• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,908 posts in this topic

I saw that...it looks like the book is already past the brittle stage and is about ready to fall apart. Still, a Suspense 8 for under a hundred bucks!

As you know, these Continental books are very susceptible to brittle spines. I'm not sure why the damage is often focused on the spine area, even when the majority of the cover is still in very good condition. My personal copy of Suspense #8 looks great except for a brittle spine.

Recent acquisition from boardmember hoo-dee-doo...actually, I guess he's a former board member as he's not been seen around these here parts in many-a-moon. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

thrill49.jpg

Amazing cover. hail.gif It looks like it is slabbed. What's the grade?

6.5...I'm contemplating just busting it open and storing it in a Mylar, but for now I have sufficient storage in my "allocated" shelving space to keep it in the slab. Looks great, small chip out of the bottom right corner.

That's about 1/3rd good guide, which is about right for the shape it's in.

I was able to pick up one LB Cole book at Heroes Con last weekend...outside of the established "classics" like the Suspense 8, this book and the Blue Bolt 105 are my favorite Cole covers!! cloud9.gif

jungle17.jpg

723314-Tailspin.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif

I think Apotheosis' head just exploded. grin.gif (You are still looking for cool jet covers, right Apotheosis?)

893whatthe.gif Where have I been that I missed this one 5 months ago? hail.gif

yet another book for the want list... And yes... still looking for all the cool plane covers thumbsup2.gif

Here's one that hasn't been posted. We just need a #2 to have 1-3 up here. This thread must cover much of his cover work. I'll add my Taffy 1 (my favorite) as soon as I get to it.

Here's a VG Law Against Crime 3. This guy doesn't have a 6 o'clock shadow - it's more like a 10 o'clock blackout...

953204-lac3.jpg

953204-lac3.jpg.96c4951fc14b683b66ee2daeecf61c26.jpg

Which forum member is this, BTW? I've bought from them before, & am planning to throw down a bid on one of their books today. Just curious...

I now have 31 LB Cole covers, and I'm always looking for more. I just picked up CONTACT #3 (w/ Cole interior art on a Black Venus story), TRUE-TO-LIFE Romances #17, and INDIAN WARRIORS #8 this past weekend at WW Boston. I got this one off of the bay a few months ago (SEE ATTACHMENT).

I'm REALLY into the romance cover too. They are cheaper and just crack me up.

953334-Cole_Bingo.JPG.b98e67db118e3fb11ff3c023ae562cbb.JPG

Edited by pmpknface

Which forum member is this, BTW? I've bought from them before, & am planning to throw down a bid on one of their books today. Just curious...

Boyd doesn't post much, but his forum ID is "bcc". He gets my highest recommendation, and since you're looking to become a repeat customer you must agree! thumbsup2.gif