• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

So, um, when does Season 2 come out? :baiting:

They all were good, but Episode 9 :o

Bout to start 9 now! Oh and I really like the simplicity of the mask. Soooo much better than some idiotic mask. Keep it edgy.

Can anyone direct me to a place that I can download a cheap pdf of the full run of DD from 1-200? I found a place, but they wanted $20 just for issues 1-11. That seems pricey to me. Guess I'll try the library.

Honestly, I'd just start when Frank Miller takes over at 158. I've read parts of the silver age run, and it just isn't nearly as good as the Frank Miller run.

Three guys at the Con today were lamenting the fact they could watch a bunch of the episodes today. I've not seen this kind of communal buzz since the last Harry Potter book came out.

Is this show really PG13ish as claimed or R. I saw every episode and considering the level of violence shown on screen gun shots to the head and decapitation along with 4 letter words it felt more R rated. The only thing left out was straight up nudity. Since I have been watching so much other stuff with bad language I didn't really pay attention to how much it was used but it was definitely there.

The Ben Affleck movie was PG-13. I don't think the TV series is rated.

I'm actually a bit annoyed at all of the easter eggs that get sort of shoved in your face and then never alluded to again.

Don't read this spoiler if you haven't watched all 13 eps.

*the black sky. What the heck is the kid? And why doesn't Daredevil even attempt to track him down. Once the yakuza abscond with "the weapon" code named Black Sky, he seems to completely forget all about it. And so does Stick, despite his warnings that Black Sky needed to be destroyed and could only be done with the help of DD. Rotten Easter egg.

The symbol on the heroin packs is that of Steel Serpent, foe of Iron Fist. But we don't see Steel Serpent in this show at all! The heroin we gather from Fisk's comments that Madam Gao is not only cutting and distributing the heroin but also importing it. AND furthermore, she tells Leland that she is leaving and when he asks if she's going back to China she says "A place much further"...Could she be alluding to the inter-dimensional city of K'un L'un? c'mon! Super power injection time! GAH!

The Leland gets his neck snapped! WTF! Way to kill any introduction of the Owl. And what a great low-powered villain for a Daredevil type character to face in a TV show. His superpower which requires a regularly consumed serum, allows him to glide short distances. But granted, the Leland who gets his neck snapped is a bit old for doing acrobatic moves, and maybe this will lead to his son (maybe his son is also named Leland Owlsley...though that would probably make him Leland Owlsley Jr.) that could face Daredevil in a future episode (???) doh! Another dropped egg left to spoil.

Why allude to Nobu, but don't bring up the Hand? Couldn't they have just tossed in a few guys in ninja attire in the heroine processing plant to allude to it a bit? They kept using the Yakuza again and again, why not bring up the ancient faction of the Hand? Another missed opportunity to expand the universe.

Who was the 'roided out seated guy that Stick is addressing? Why have an awesome scene like that where they allude to Murdoch not being ready, and then let it go completely flat. I bet that guy would have made for an awesome boss battle!

Ep 6. Who is the sniper? On another discussion board, they pointed out that you can clearly spot a deck of cards when the sniper on the roof working for Fisk starts to assemble his rifle at around 34 mins in. Maybe that's Bullseye, but if so, he's stinking up the place, because the cop that he's supposed to kill actually lives. Also, if it's bullseye, why not have a bullseye in his bag instead of a deck of cards? I know he likes cards, but...uh....no.

Ep 10 (I think) there's this whole 5 minute build-up where Murdock tracks down the guy (potter) that makes the armor for fisk and convinces him to make him his Daredevil armor. And in the last 10 minutes of Ep. 13 we see the result, but why?! At no point after getting the armor was Daredevil stabbed. So they could have just had him wear a spandex suit. Also, does Daredevil ever follow through on his promise to Potter? There's just him saying "I'll do my best". What the heck?! Waste of screen time IMO. And the more I look at that body armor costume, the more I hate it.

Edited by Firespitter

I'm actually a bit annoyed at all of the easter eggs that get sort of shoved in your face and then never alluded to again.

*the black sky. What the heck is the kid? And why doesn't Daredevil even attempt to track him down. Once the yakuza abscond with "the weapon" code named Black Sky, he seems to completely forget all about it. And so does Stick, despite his warnings that Black Sky needed to be destroyed and could only be done with the help of DD. Rotten Easter egg.

The symbol on the heroin packs is that of Steel Serpent, foe of Iron Fist. But we don't see Steel Serpent in this show at all! The heroin we gather from Fisk's comments that Madam Gao is not only cutting and distributing the heroin but also importing it. AND furthermore, she tells Leland that she is leaving and when he asks if she's going back to China she says "A place much further"...Could she be alluding to the inter-dimensional city of K'un L'un? c'mon! Super power injection time! GAH!

The Leland gets his neck snapped! WTF! Way to kill any introduction of the Owl. And what a great low-powered villain for a Daredevil type character to face in a TV show. His superpower which requires a regularly consumed serum, allows him to glide short distances. But granted, the Leland who gets his neck snapped is a bit old for doing acrobatic moves, and maybe this will lead to his son (maybe his son is also named Leland Owlsley...though that would probably make him Leland Owlsley Jr.) that could face Daredevil in a future episode (???) doh! Another dropped egg left to spoil.

Why allude to Nobu, but don't bring up the Hand? Couldn't they have just tossed in a few guys in ninja attire in the heroine processing plant to allude to it a bit? They kept using the Yakuza again and again, why not bring up the ancient faction of the Hand? Another missed opportunity to expand the universe.

Who was the 'roided out seated guy that Stick is addressing? Why have an awesome scene like that where they allude to Murdoch not being ready, and then let it go completely flat. I bet that guy would have made for an awesome boss battle!

Ep 6. Who is the sniper? On another discussion board, they pointed out that you can clearly spot a deck of cards when the sniper on the roof working for Fisk starts to assemble his rifle at around 34 mins in. Maybe that's Bullseye, but if so, he's stinking up the place, because the cop that he's supposed to kill actually lives. Also, if it's bullseye, why not have a bullseye in his bag instead of a deck of cards? I know he likes cards, but...uh....no.

Ep 10 (I think) there's this whole 5 minute build-up where Murdock tracks down the guy (potter) that makes the armor for fisk and convinces him to make him his Daredevil armor. And in the last 10 minutes of Ep. 13 we see the result, but why?! At no point after getting the armor was Daredevil stabbed. So they could have just had him wear a spandex suit. Also, does Daredevil ever follow through on his promise to Potter? There's just him saying "I'll do my best". What the heck?! Waste of screen time IMO. And the more I look at that body armor costume, the more I hate it.

Given that there at least four more series to come from Netflix/Marvel - probably five, as I can't see the success of this one not earning a second season - it makes perfect sense to drop foreshadowing all over the place. Throwing everything including the kitchen sink into the first 13 episodes of a long-term commitment and bringing it to a neat conclusion would be fairly dumb.

I don't recall Black Sky being forgotten. Stick stated he caught up to the van and killed the kid himself. I agree that it is likely Owsley's son may appear as the Owl and Melvin appeared to be designing the Gladiator costume and will probably have a psychotic break at some point

if I have to wait a year for more I may just slam on the brakes and space the rest out, only on ep 4....13 episodes a year seems a bit on the weak side though, even though they're almost an hour long.

I'd like to slam on the brakes but I don't have the will power :cool:

Given that there at least four more series to come from Netflix/Marvel - probably five, as I can't see the success of this one not earning a second season - it makes perfect sense to drop foreshadowing all over the place. Throwing everything including the kitchen sink into the first 13 episodes of a long-term commitment and bringing it to a neat conclusion would be fairly dumb.

(thumbs u

There needs to be unanswered questions to hold everyone's interest.

I'm only one episode in, but the show works.

I love they tied in the avengers 1 battle as such a key plot point.

I'm half way through and enjoying every minute. The character development is fast paced and relates generally to the comics story. I just wished the newspaper names was not a bone of contention between studios in order to keep it real.

This site has a reference for all the Easter eggs episode by episode. Obviously it is spoiler ridden, so visit it at your own risk.

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/daredevil/245324/daredevil-netflix-series-marvel-universe-easter-eggs-and-comic-references-guide

I'd like to slam on the brakes but I don't have the will power :cool:

I was really hoping to save a couple episodes for Sunday viewing but couldn't.

So be warned. There are a couple of natural breaks among the 13 chapters, but if you go too far you'll likely finish out the story. The trajectory is relentless.