• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

Well I finished it all. 8/10 Can't wait for more marvel shows.

what comic tv show have you seen that's a 9/10

Nothing. I didn't like any Marvel/DC television until now. This DD series is a solid 8 and better than the majority of Marvel's movies. For me. Marvel movies are perfect for my kids though. The problem is if DD ever makes it to the big screen it will have to be watered down. Will have to be more kid friendly, more colorful and include bad jokes and one liners. I wish Gotham would have come out on Netflix with the same creative team.

Well I finished it all. 8/10 Can't wait for more marvel shows.

what comic tv show have you seen that's a 9/10

None. This is the best.My favorite marvel anything id GOTG then this. I'm so happy my favorite hero can get some main stream respect now.

Gotham is a great show. DD is a lot darker and has a completely different feel though.

It's totally unlike episodic network tv imho, which is basically a 4-act-play format. Daredevil presents more like it was conceived, written and shot as a "Graphic Novel" comprised of 13 chapters. Every frame advanced the story.

To me Daredevil felt like experiencing something both new and better. Emphasis on 'Better'. A 13-hour-movie format for comic book storytelling. A near perfect medium for live-action comic book arcs.

Anyone else thinking the Netflix "season-at-once" format is the best medium for live-action comic book storytelling so far?

I think this format is the obvious ideal platform for serialized storytelling. Especially with the latitude to use starting and ending beats that aren't traditional, but that encourage binge-watching. I also noticed two things:

1. It's actually gone UP on Rotten Tomatoes since release. This is true for BOTH audience and critic reviews. (Usually, even with great content, the numbers go down.)

2. Netflix got a nice stock upgrade on Friday. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's not coincidence. (I'm not saying it's the only reason, mind you. But this is a strong potential partnership like you've alluded to.)

It's an exciting time to be a nerd. Marvel is really king of the hill. It's interesting, because they basically followed the format/structure of their comics to achieve it. (Both from a story perspective, but more importantly in how the comics were released and associated synergy.) I think it's ironic that WBs big failing has been in that department, especially considering they own the company that publishes those comics. Definitely a case of hands not talking to each other.

Gotham is a great show. DD is a lot darker and has a completely different feel though.

It's totally unlike episodic network tv imho, which is basically a 4-act-play format. Daredevil presents more like it was conceived, written and shot as a "Graphic Novel" comprised of 13 chapters. Every frame advanced the story.

To me Daredevil felt like experiencing something both new and better. Emphasis on 'Better'. A 13-hour-movie format for comic book storytelling. A near perfect medium for live-action comic book arcs.

Anyone else thinking the Netflix "season-at-once" format is the best medium for live-action comic book storytelling so far?

I agree completely. I had a really good time this weekend being able to watch it at my leisure without having to wait weekly for new episodes or, even worse, waiting for the season to be released on bluray. It's a lot easier to avoid spoilers viewing it this way as well.

I feel complete, even if I am anxious for more, and I'm really looking forward to Jessica Jones later this year, now more than ever.

So 2 day binge then wait a year or more for new episodes....I guess it's no different than watching a movie and waiting 1.5 years for the sequel

Rewatch the show! Whenever the new seasons of House of Cards comes out, my wife and I rematch the season slowly for about a month leading up to it.

Have that many people never binge watched a show? There seems to be a lot of confusion with it. I haven't had cable for years so my wife and I have been binge watching shows for the last 7 or 8 years, I guess.

Edited by Official Chris S.

It's an exciting time to be a nerd. Marvel is really king of the hill. It's interesting, because they basically followed the format/structure of their comics to achieve it. (Both from a story perspective, but more importantly in how the comics were released and associated synergy.) I think it's ironic that WBs big failing has been in that department, especially considering they own the company that publishes those comics. Definitely a case of hands not talking to each other.
I'm convinced that difference stems from WB/DC suits and creatives patently disliking the characters they own, especially Superman. They can see the money generated but just don't get it.

Sort of like with Clint Eastwood's last effort. Poured buckets of cash over WB's heads, but they're clueless as to why that is and not something they're particularly proud of.

Marvel still seems to be in love with its stable of characters and that shows. Personally I think it's as simple as that.

It's just like LOTR and the Nolan Batmans. Put someone who has the passion for the material in complete control of the production and you will get stellar results.

I'm hoping this is the case with Star Wars, as well.

Vincent D'Onofrio is exceptional here... and he stands out in this series. His vocal tone, his mannerisms, his anger... all perfect for this role.

He is literally "bottled rage" as the Kingpin.

I will never look at my SUV car door the same again :o

xxx ooo

Rupp

Then MOAR you get.

0tmX52a.jpg

If he is blind why give him eye holes?

So the villains don't know that he is blind.

That's what bothered me about the black mask...no eyeholes.

I thought someone at some point would have asked about that.

"Hey, how do see through that?"

"You must be blind"

"Ya know, there is a blind lawyer working on this case....ummmm"

"Hi Matt!!!" :hi: