• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

This looks very promising.

People were turning cartwheels for Gotham at first but now it seems everyone is complaining.

At least Daredevil will be in Daredevil, while technically Batman isn`t in Gotham.

Watching Gordon fight Batman villains on a weekly bases would be like Ben Urich fighting Daredevil villains weekly. I could see why most are disappointed with Gotham.

I can sense Daredevil will be much better than Gotham. The Kingpin alone will make it better,

:cloud9:

I've got a feeling that this is a hint at the vibe we're going to get for a lot of the Marvel Knights/Defenders/Netflix series.

This is going to be their gritty street/crime action drama. Jessica Jones is going to end up as a hardboiled detective series. Iron Fist is going to be the Hong Kong Kung-Fu cinema story. And Luke Cage is going to be the modernized urban Blaxploitation style story.

It's end up being a bunch of series that hits all the high marks of 70's cinema styles that also just so happen to fit the characters best as well.

Marvel likes giving each project its own unique genre influence, and this would be a great way to make all the Netflix shows unique & also suit the characters best.

I just hope season 2 of Daredevil (if there is one) is Born Again.

:cloud9:

I can only imagine what they'd do with Nuke.

I'd think that would be better suited for a new DD movie since they'd have to include Captain America.

Again, :cloud9:

DAREDEVIL Adds 6 To Cast; Including Matt Gerald As 'Melvin Potter/Gladiator'

------------------

Marvel and Netflix's Daredevil has added Rob Morgan, Matt Gerald, Peter Shinkoda, Wai Ching Ho, Nikolai Nikolaeff and Gideon Emery to its cast. Out of that bunch, only two would appear to be playing established Marvel Comics characters: Rob Morgan (Person of Interest) will play small-time Hell's Kitchen criminal Turk Barret (aka Mauler), and Gerald (Avatar) will be taking on the role of Melvin Potter, also known as Gladiator, who starts out as an enemy of Matt Murdock's but later becomes an ally. On the show he'll be "a machinist caught between a rock and a hard place".

------------------

I like it. ALOT.

The only thing Im a little confused by is Kingpin. I would expect him to be a more powerful person, kind of like in the FM Born Again series. I wouldnt expect him to get in the action scenes as it shows in the trailer, dont know if you understand.. In the trailer he seems more like a fighting super villain than a, well, Kingpin of crime mobster who rarely gets his hands dirty

He is a superb fighter who has held his own against Spider-Man---Marvel Universe Database

Vincent D’Onofrio On Kingpin And DAREDEVIL Surprises

--------------------

In an new interview with Uproxx, D'Onofrio says fans have no clue what's in store. "I tweeted out the other day that I watch these trailers and they make me so proud of all the work that we did. But, at the same time, there’s so much that you guys don’t know what you’re going to get. There’s so much in our show. And there’s so much they’re not giving away.

I mean, it gets so intense and so emotional. It’s really quite something. It goes to places you would never think it goes because of what Jeph Loeb and Steven DeKnight wanted to do. It really does."

--------------------

:ohnoez:

Vincent D’Onofrio Talks DAREDEVIL and JURASSIC WORLD

-------------------

Collider: Your casting in Daredevil seemed unexpected, but totally perfect. How did you get involved with that show? Was there any sort of casting process that you had to go through, or did they just come to you about the role?

VINCENT D’ONOFRIO: There were discussions. I wasn’t sure about it. I knew who Wilson Fisk was, but I only knew what the Marvel movies were like. The thing about Daredevil is that there are no superpowers. We needed to have a discussion, so Jeph Loeb and I talked about it. That first phone call with Jeph Loeb, and then the second one with Jeph and Steven DeKnight, is when I was convinced that it would be okay to do. And then, I read the first couple of scripts. Wait until you see the series. Whether you’re into that kind of thing or not, it is definitely a Netflix series. It’s Marvel and Netflix coming together with this great new take on things.

-------------------

Slightly O/T: Apparently the show runner for DD swears that the red costume will for sure be showing up in the show. After seeing the trailer (which looks excellent), I was worried that the costume would look like "Trial of The Incredible Hulk" Daredevil black pajamas clown. Here's the link.

Edited by jmh722

Scott Glenn On Playing 'Stick' In Netflix's DAREDEVIL; Says It's "Exciting, Demanding, And Fun."

While talking with Nuke The Fridge, Scott Glenn (who will play 'Stick' in Netflix’s Daredevil) says that it’s very exciting to be a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. “It’s really, really exciting. It’s kinda daunting because I’ve been telling my wife for the last eight or nine years, ‘how come they’re always having me be this old guy that sits behind a desk and sends the kids out to have all this fun?’ He then tells how the Daredevil series was different, “And for Daredevil, I loved it because…I didn’t know that world at all.” He then says that playing this character made him deal with something he’s never had to deal with before in his career. “I took it seriously and I realized that I had to play this character not tongue and cheek but seriously and I had to deal with something that I’ve never had to deal with as an actor in my life, which is being blind.”

I've wondered about that with actors playing blind characters.

Say what you want about Ben Affleck, but when he was playing the role and laying in the sensory deprivation tank, he came across as being a blind man. And no - I don't mean when he read the -script.