• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

Looks pretty interesting, but I wonder if it will suffer from the same problem that plagues Batman movies. The (fairly generic) hero is rarely (never) as interesting as the villain, and the show or movie suffers when the bad guy isn't on screen. D'Onofrio looks like an amazing Kingpin. Like another poster said, I bet he steals the show.

I like it. ALOT.

The only thing Im a little confused by is Kingpin. I would expect him to be a more powerful person, kind of like in the FM Born Again series. I wouldnt expect him to get in the action scenes as it shows in the trailer, dont know if you understand.. In the trailer he seems more like a fighting super villain than a, well, Kingpin of crime mobster who rarely gets his hands dirty

Looks pretty interesting, but I wonder if it will suffer from the same problem that plagues Batman movies. The (fairly generic) hero is rarely (never) as interesting as the villain, and the show or movie suffers when the bad guy isn't on screen. D'Onofrio looks like an amazing Kingpin. Like another poster said, I bet he steals the show.

He's a criminal - of course he'll steal.

Put me in the camp of being disinterested in and unimpressed with all the current comic shows (yes I do see some of them as my wife and teenage sons watch them, but I don't actively watch them myself).

Up till now, the casting of the Kingpin seemed like the best thing this show had going for it. I've been pretty meh about the casting of Murdock and everyone else - with the exception of Stick.

But after seeing that last trailer.... I am (cautiously) starting to look forward to this.

I don't want to get my expectations too high. I really want this to be great. And what I see looks promising. :wishluck::wishluck: