• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sandman Movie!

324 posts in this topic

Hell, I couldn't even resist a little substantiation right here!

(tsk)

I skimmed through your text brick, the only thing you tried to say was the newstand material, which i already addressed in my post.

Saying you "addressed" something that was subsequently discredited is like the kid who goes "I know you are, but what am I?"

;)

The Diamond Numbers are the significant totality of the sales figures, other sources virtually irrelevant.

How can that be true, when newsstand sales account for as much as 40% of the sales of some comics? 40% of the total sold is "virtually irrelevant"...?

:popcorn:

You didnt disprove anything, but you SURE left out parts of my text when you were quoting me.

:) :)

" If people want to know the limitations and other issues with the sales charts from these sites, they can research it themselves but that is NOT WHAT WAS ASKED."

and

(Side note, like the CGC Forum, I have been using and reading comichron(CBGExtra originally), long before any 2005 n00b start dates. I am fully aware of their methods, research, and efforts to continue bringing older sales data to light. None of that is relevant to the OPs question, nor was asked.)

both didnt make it into your non-substantiation.

That's because they weren't relevant to the points I was making; that's what a good editor does. Leaving out unrelated comments from a quote is not proof of anything. What relevance do either of those statements have to do with whether or not Diamond is the "significant totality of the sales figures"...?

You're arguing like a teenager.

Damn,

You guys really are excited for the upcoming Sandman Movie!

Elated.

It's more exciting than the Phantom Variant program. :baiting:

Low blow. I rather like his program and many creators do as well. :gossip:

Shouldn't the burden of proof lay with the one who 1st made a claim? (shrug)

burden of proof is equally relevant to all claims, 1st, 2nd, nth.

lets make a Comic General thread and talk about :)

That's correct...the burden of proof is "equally relevant" (actually, "equally applicable") to all CLAIMS.

Saying "this is not true" is not a claim.

It is a refutation of it.

The burden does not lay with the one who challenged, but the one with the claim.

:whistle:

I already posted an indepth version of my claims. There is no website that will show the chart from 89, and the OP needs to use Google (in spite of the sarcastic nature of its original suggestion) to find what he is looking for (via sentences).

Another member did just that and got a great lead.

I messaged the person in question.

that's where the OPs request stands.

(tsk)

Not true.

Proof? You're still debating with RMA. :gossip:

facepalm appeals to the validate-y of your incorrect description of my posts, cant change it.

so

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

right back to you, and a better analogy then the touching, which is funny (but was actually a lie), would be talking about your dislike of cops, around a cop.

I dont like trolls, but they are going to troll because thats what they do. That you happen to be a troll, is beside the fact..

But all of this remains a massive derail to sandman, and to the OP's request within the thread. I am helping him, you troll on RMA, and believe what you want about my posts, and your own warped sense of self.

Um.

Can someone translate this?

I mean BESIDES "CBT don't like you, you big ol' meanie!"

;)

I'm done on the subject, and done opening the ignore links. peace

Let's hope so. Nearly every time THIS particular claim is made on a message board, it is nearly universally false.

:wishluck:

That's correct...the burden of proof is "equally relevant" (actually, "equally applicable") to all CLAIMS.

The burden does not lay with the one who challenged, but the one with the claim.

Awesome! A burden of proof debate! Where are the lawyers? :popcorn:

This whole argument...

tumblr_m597jc1BgC1rv8o0ko1_500.gif

lol

Any GIFs involving pouring gas on a fire? ;)

I was just saying "Neverending Storrrrrrrrrryyyyy...." :whistle:

Everytime I see an envelope for a new post in the Sandman thread I feel :banana:

Then I see it's more :slapfight:

New feeling is zzz:eyeroll:meh

Awesome! A burden of proof debate! Where are the lawyers? :popcorn:

Bored.

facepalm appeals to the validate-y of your incorrect description of my posts, cant change it.

so

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

right back to you, and a better analogy then the touching, which is funny (but was actually a lie), would be talking about your dislike of cops, around a cop.

I dont like trolls, but they are going to troll because thats what they do. That you happen to be a troll, is beside the fact..

But all of this remains a massive derail to sandman, and to the OP's request within the thread. I am helping him, you troll on RMA, and believe what you want about my posts, and your own warped sense of self.

Um.

;)

Let's hope so. Nearly every time THIS particular claim is made on a message board, it is nearly universally false.

It would have been funnier if you said "That is not true". lol

Oh oh, now I quoted.

Not true.

Proof? You're still debating with RMA. :gossip:

there was never a debate, and his trolling will end now that i am no longer responding. I am very content with leaving it as it is. People can make their own minds up.

Let me know if he ever posts a link to the 89 sales data though :)

Hopefully I can get the OP his info directly for the source, thanks to the other boardie's find.

This whole argument...

tumblr_m597jc1BgC1rv8o0ko1_500.gif

lol

Any GIFs involving pouring gas on a fire? ;)

I was just saying "Neverending Storrrrrrrrrryyyyy...." :whistle:

Everytime I see an envelope for a new post in the Sandman thread I feel :banana:

Then I see it's more :slapfight:

New feeling is zzz:eyeroll:meh

Oh, too subtle for me. I saw excitement while riding a mythical creature.

:whistle:

I already posted an indepth version of my claims.

hm

You mean, you already explained your claims? You still have not demonstrated why it is you think that Diamond is the"significant totality of the sales figures, other sources virtually irrelevant."

And simply saying "uh huh", when I dispute that claim isn't proof.

There is no website that will show the chart from 89, and the OP needs to use Google (in spite of the sarcastic nature of its original suggestion) to find what he is looking for (via sentences).

Does anyone know what "(via sentences)" means...?

:shrug:

Nah, they don't have any other good Neverending Story gifs. lol

I just heard the song in my head thinking of all of the back and forth.

"all" of the back and forth...?

lol

Brother, you ain't SEEN back and forth....this is nothing compared to what has gone before.

;)

so

Um.

;)

It would have been funnier if you said "That is not true". lol

Oh oh, now I quoted.

Oh, oh, oh oh oh ohhhh.....

:grin:

Nah, they don't have any other good Neverending Story gifs. lol

I just heard the song in my head thinking of all of the back and forth.

"all" of the back and forth...?

lol

Brother, you ain't SEEN back and forth....this is nothing compared to what has gone before.

;)

Oh, I know I've only been here a year, but I've seen it. ;) It's just I feel like you guys are going to get scientists, character witnesses, clergymen, and magicians to argue your points. Agree to disagree sometimes and call it a day. lol