• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sandman Movie!

324 posts in this topic

Nah, they don't have any other good Neverending Story gifs. lol

I just heard the song in my head thinking of all of the back and forth.

"all" of the back and forth...?

lol

Brother, you ain't SEEN back and forth....this is nothing compared to what has gone before.

;)

Oh, I know I've only been here a year, but I've seen it. ;) It's just I feel like you guys are going to get scientists, character witnesses, clergymen, and magicians to argue your points. Agree to disagree sometimes and call it a day. lol

(tsk)

"Agreeing to disagree" is fine when you're discussing philosophical subjects with no clear answer.

"Agreeing to disagree" when someone is posting things which are demonstrably false is poor form.

There is a staggering amount of misinformation that is posted to this and every other messageboard every day, and the vast majority of it is never challenged.

Challenging that misinformation is always a good thing, even if to demonstrate that not everyone is agreed...it gives the reader a pause to consider, and maybe even research for themselves, the truth.

And despite what the tender and overly sensitive may think, challenging what someone says is not "trolling", most especially if it is easily proven false.

Damn,

You guys really are excited for the upcoming Sandman Movie!

Elated.

It's more exciting than the Phantom Variant program. :baiting:

Low blow. I rather like his program and many creators do as well. :gossip:

I think :jokealert:

doh!

Shouldn't the burden of proof lay with the one who 1st made a claim? (shrug)

burden of proof is equally relevant to all claims, 1st, 2nd, nth.

lets make a Comic General thread and talk about :)

That's correct...the burden of proof is "equally relevant" (actually, "equally applicable") to all CLAIMS.

Saying "this is not true" is not a claim.

It is a refutation of it.

The burden does not lay with the one who challenged, but the one with the claim.

Awesome! A burden of proof debate! Where are the lawyers? :popcorn:

The burden of proof is actually a two fold analysis. First, it must be determined who bears the burden. This is typically the one who levies the accusation or makes the claim, in a criminal case, this would be the State and in a civil matter it would be the plaintiff. There are situations where the burden shifts but no one cares about those. The second question is how high is the burden. Generally, the higher the consequences, the greater the burden. The highest burden in most modern legal systems is beyond a reasonable doubt. This is the burden the State faces when it seeks to take one's liberty (historically, there have been stricter burdens including beyond all doubt but in those situations, the jury was comprised of witnesses to the crime so meeting this burden was not as difficult as it might first appear.)

It is tough to determine the burden that a claimant should bear in this type of debate. Honestly, I don't give a fudge but I will say, when we get past the condescending prattle, I usually learn something from these spats and for that (thumbs u

9 new pages today? What the hell did I miss?? lol.

people discussing sandman's print run

and some trolling a la:

why_dont_you_just_PAY_ATTENTION_TO_ME_xlarge.jpeg

PS, digging the sig

Thanks! I want to acknowledge and thank our very own HarveySwick (Justin) for doing this for me!!!

Thank you Justin!!

I asked him who his favorite characters were. Found that image. It was a great image and easy to work with.

Not really much more I could do with mine. Maybe color in my center image? I liked it somewhat plain though. (shrug)

Maybe it is just me, but I cannot imagine a Sandman movie being a blockbuster hit. Sure, the comic is good, but I just don't see it. (shrug)

The only reason I'm pointing this out is I'm having a hard time seeing Sandman comics getting the kind of bump we see with Marvel and DC superhero movies. Sandman doesn't have to be a hit, just a good movie. And not everything is about price bumps. :grin: I'm just curious what impact a movie announcement can have on the back issue prices. In my opinion, very little long term ala 300, Watchmen, and other non-blockbuster, non-superhero movies.

I think it might be a hit. My 17 yo daughter and her friends love the story and " the Endless " in general. She has turned a bunch of people on to it by sharing her TPBs. It crosses generations imo and will appeal to a lot of people as all can relate to "Dream". I don't know if people will rush out and buy up old copies or not but I think it will appeal to a different or more expanded crowd than 300 or Watchmen. Gaiman has a very large following outside of comic guys.

Completely agree. Case in point, there were a ton of people not normally in my LCS and waiting outside when Sandman Overture 1 was released. A number of those people were women, and while I do see women at my LCS from time to time, I don't see that many at once. Huge cult following for Gaiman in general as well, comics and literary. I enjoyed Neverwhere quite a bit, and some of his short stories are phenomenal.

Not sure this will translate to Blockbuster status, but if they make a solid interpretation of the book via film, then it will have a substantial audience and following for years after.

Shouldn't the burden of proof lay with the one who 1st made a claim? (shrug)

burden of proof is equally relevant to all claims, 1st, 2nd, nth.

lets make a Comic General thread and talk about :)

That's correct...the burden of proof is "equally relevant" (actually, "equally applicable") to all CLAIMS.

Saying "this is not true" is not a claim.

It is a refutation of it.

The burden does not lay with the one who challenged, but the one with the claim.

Awesome! A burden of proof debate! Where are the lawyers? :popcorn:

The burden of proof is actually a two fold analysis. First, it must be determined who bears the burden. This is typically the one who levies the accusation or makes the claim, in a criminal case, this would be the State and in a civil matter it would be the plaintiff. There are situations where the burden shifts but no one cares about those. The second question is how high is the burden. Generally, the higher the consequences, the greater the burden. The highest burden in most modern legal systems is beyond a reasonable doubt. This is the burden the State faces when it seeks to take one's liberty (historically, there have been stricter burdens including beyond all doubt but in those situations, the jury was comprised of witnesses to the crime so meeting this burden was not as difficult as it might first appear.)

It is tough to determine the burden that a claimant should bear in this type of debate. Honestly, I don't give a but I will say, when we get past the condescending prattle, I usually learn something from these spats and for that (thumbs u

meh

This is a PHILOSOPHIC burden of proof situation, as opposed to a LEGAL burden of proof...and half your last paragraph was deleted because of your use of the "eff" word.

That's such a special word, the mods set it up so that it obliterates 47 words before it.

:popcorn:

I asked him who his favorite characters were. Found that image. It was a great image and easy to work with.

Not really much more I could do with mine. Maybe color in my center image? I liked it somewhat plain though. (shrug)

true, maybe add one more rotator on each side so it looks more HD in it's widths :cool: