• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Rudd is Ant-Man
1 1

1,296 posts in this topic

Apparently they're going to introduce the Microverse definitely in this according to the director. Now that's pretty cool. Sadly, I don't think Marvel has any rights left to Micronauts characters except for MAYBE Bug.

Apparently they're going to introduce the Microverse definitely in this according to the director. Now that's pretty cool. Sadly, I don't think Marvel has any rights left to Micronauts characters except for MAYBE Bug.

That would be cool.

Nope, James Gunn already confirmed he wasn't able to use Bug in GotG:

"There was a really good chance Bug was going to show up in the first movie but we do not own him... but, anyway, that was going to happen, perhaps."

Oh well... they can always use the Microverse in place of the Negative Zone and stick another group of people in there in place of the Micronauts. Now, it's just a question of guessing which group will end up in there.

Special appearance I hadn't heard about before.

expect to see cap as well.

imdb shows:

fmm4h0.jpg

My wife and I just rented a new romance flick with cap and falcon team-up ('playing it cool')

throughout the movie. Couldn't help thinking that while watching it.

REVIEW: Is Marvel’s ANT-MAN The Best Marvel Film To Date?

Where Marvel really nailed it was with the cast. Evangeline Lilly is amazing as Hope Van Dyne, Hank Pym’s daughter. She’s a superhero already and she knows it. Michael Douglas as Hank Pym is top notch and you couldn’t ask for more. Corey Stoll as Darren Cross, the villain in the film, ranks up there with the best Marvel villains. Paul Rudd as Scott Lang/Ant-Man is what Robert Downy Jr., Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth are to their respective characters (Iron Man, Captain America and Thor). He really IS Ant-Man. He’s humorous, heroic and apologetic all at the same time. The big surprise for most will probably be Luis; Scott Lang’s best friend, portrayed by Michael Peña. He is absolutely the funniest thing in the film and he steals just about every scene he is in. There are so many characters in the film; it would take an article by itself to discuss all of their parts. Rest assured that the cast is solid throughout.

You won’t want to miss Ant-Man. It’s definitely one you need to see in a theater (preferably 3D). There’s really something in it for everyone, children and adults. Hats off to Marvel, Peyton Reed and the cast and crew for doing something different AND fun. Ant-Man is right up there with Iron Man (2008) and Guardians of the Galaxy. Easily one of the top Marvel movies to date. I have to agree with GotG director James Gunn’s review (he was sitting near my son and I at the premiere) – “A Complete Blast!”

5/5 Stars

:o

I'm betting this movie is going to be a blockbuster by word of mouth.As was GOTG

which took b grade heroes and made them a hit,this movie will do the same. :acclaim:

REVIEW: Is Marvel’s ANT-MAN The Best Marvel Film To Date?

Where Marvel really nailed it was with the cast. Evangeline Lilly is amazing as Hope Van Dyne, Hank Pym’s daughter. She’s a superhero already and she knows it. Michael Douglas as Hank Pym is top notch and you couldn’t ask for more. Corey Stoll as Darren Cross, the villain in the film, ranks up there with the best Marvel villains. Paul Rudd as Scott Lang/Ant-Man is what Robert Downy Jr., Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth are to their respective characters (Iron Man, Captain America and Thor). He really IS Ant-Man. He’s humorous, heroic and apologetic all at the same time. The big surprise for most will probably be Luis; Scott Lang’s best friend, portrayed by Michael Peña. He is absolutely the funniest thing in the film and he steals just about every scene he is in. There are so many characters in the film; it would take an article by itself to discuss all of their parts. Rest assured that the cast is solid throughout.

You won’t want to miss Ant-Man. It’s definitely one you need to see in a theater (preferably 3D). There’s really something in it for everyone, children and adults. Hats off to Marvel, Peyton Reed and the cast and crew for doing something different AND fun. Ant-Man is right up there with Iron Man (2008) and Guardians of the Galaxy. Easily one of the top Marvel movies to date. I have to agree with GotG director James Gunn’s review (he was sitting near my son and I at the premiere) – “A Complete Blast!”

5/5 Stars

:o

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/antman/ :P

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/ant-man :P

Edited by paperheart

I see your post, and raise you two.

Digital Spy: Paul Rudd experiences significant shrinkage in a hugely entertaining movie

For a film forged under difficult circumstances (Edgar Wright developed the movie for nearly a decade before leaving the director's chair just before filming), Ant-Man emerges fairly unscathed. Free of the bloated running time we've come to expect from summer movies, it's a hugely entertaining superhero comedy that's a refreshing break from Marvel formula.

4/5 Stars

Empire: Ant-Man - Small-time crook

Besides being a breezy superhero heist movie, Ant-Man is the latest in a succession of shrinking-people movies which have shown off state-of-the-art effects at the time of production — worthy successor to the likes of The Devil-Doll, The Incredible Shrinking Man and Honey, I Shrunk the Kids. In brilliantly realised moments, Ant-Man clings to the grooves of a vinyl record, feeds a drop of water to his favourite ant, explores the infinitely small (a genuinely cool 3D trip) and has a climactic confrontation with an equally miniaturised baddie in an out-of-control Thomas The Tank Engine tabletop layout which seems huge and dangerous to them, though a witty shot pulls back to show the frenetic action-movie fireworks just boil down to a toy train falling over. A science-fiction, action-heist, superhero comedy soap opera, this straddles as many genres as the Avengers films have characters but manages to do most of them pretty well. Extremely likable, with a few moments of proper wonder.

4/5 Stars

Forbes.com: Marvel's 'Ant-Man' Is A Tiny Triumph

Ant-Man may have been the Marvel movie that was seemingly made because it was already promised seven years ago when the Marvel Cinematic Universe looked much different, but its relative come down in size and purpose represents something of a breath of fresh air in today’s context. It is an important film in the sense that it shows how Marvel can diversify not just in terms of different superheroes and different genres, but also in terms of scale. Ant-Man is their smallest film yet, and I mean that as a compliment.

I see your post, and raise you two.

Digital Spy: Paul Rudd experiences significant shrinkage in a hugely entertaining movie

For a film forged under difficult circumstances (Edgar Wright developed the movie for nearly a decade before leaving the director's chair just before filming), Ant-Man emerges fairly unscathed. Free of the bloated running time we've come to expect from summer movies, it's a hugely entertaining superhero comedy that's a refreshing break from Marvel formula.

4/5 Stars

Empire: Ant-Man - Small-time crook

Besides being a breezy superhero heist movie, Ant-Man is the latest in a succession of shrinking-people movies which have shown off state-of-the-art effects at the time of production — worthy successor to the likes of The Devil-Doll, The Incredible Shrinking Man and Honey, I Shrunk the Kids. In brilliantly realised moments, Ant-Man clings to the grooves of a vinyl record, feeds a drop of water to his favourite ant, explores the infinitely small (a genuinely cool 3D trip) and has a climactic confrontation with an equally miniaturised baddie in an out-of-control Thomas The Tank Engine tabletop layout which seems huge and dangerous to them, though a witty shot pulls back to show the frenetic action-movie fireworks just boil down to a toy train falling over. A science-fiction, action-heist, superhero comedy soap opera, this straddles as many genres as the Avengers films have characters but manages to do most of them pretty well. Extremely likable, with a few moments of proper wonder.

4/5 Stars

Forbes.com: Marvel's 'Ant-Man' Is A Tiny Triumph

Ant-Man may have been the Marvel movie that was seemingly made because it was already promised seven years ago when the Marvel Cinematic Universe looked much different, but its relative come down in size and purpose represents something of a breath of fresh air in today’s context. It is an important film in the sense that it shows how Marvel can diversify not just in terms of different superheroes and different genres, but also in terms of scale. Ant-Man is their smallest film yet, and I mean that as a compliment.

i could cherry pick and find good reviews for The Human Centipede. The aggregate numbers so far tell the tale. meh

REVIEWS: Marvel's ANT-MAN Falls A Bit Short

Ant-Man is an entertaining time at the movies, and there are some moments of greatness, but it's hard to shake the feeling of deja vu - even if there are scenes featuring a tiny dude leading his ant pals into battle. Hardcore fans and youngsters will surely have a lot of fun and there's some welcome nods to the wider Marvel Universe, but ultimately it all just seems a bit... pointless. But hey, sticking to the "Marvel Formula" is obviously working out very well indeed for the studio... financially, anyway.

3/5 Stars

not all reviewers are created equal. rotten tomatoes, imdb, etc, all the aggregating sites, take time to show legit results.

It takes time to filter out all the

someguysblog@mymomsbasement.com

type people ;)