• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Rudd is Ant-Man
1 1

1,296 posts in this topic

I wonder if there will be a scene with a giant Cheerio. Hollywood loves to put those suckers in shrinking movies.

tNBiAtdl.jpg

Paul Rudd shows up at childrens charity screening

Paul Rudd showed up to AMC theatre in Times Square, NY and suprised 300 kids getting ready to screen his new movie Ant-Man. The NY Daily News broke the story.

The kids were there due to a couple charity organizations (Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City and SAY) screening the movie 2 days earlier than release. The kids were excited to see Rudd needless to say "I love (the hero) because he can communicate with ants." said one of the children that was picked to be Rudd's sidekick for the screening. Rudd relayed his eagerness to drop in on these kids saying that it was pure enthusiasm and "It was the first time I could have a screening with kids for one of the movies I've done," because we all know that when Paul Rudd is usually in a movie you have your girlfriend/wife trying to get you to watch it. Now it's our turn to ...turn the tables on the ladies.

This thread got weird.

Welcome to the Boards!

Not weird enough.

How can I help?

Post more photos of yourself.

Someone's got a crush. :gossip:

Orange.

BOX OFFICE: ANT-MAN Expected To Open BIG, But May Not Reach #1 Stateside

Deadline has the latest projections for Peyton Reed's Ant-Man, and things are looking very good indeed. Globally, the latest movie from Marvel Studios is expected to bring in a haul of around $115 million - $125 million. That puts it ahead of Thor's global debut back in 2011, and means it will be off to a strong start. However, it unfortunately faces some pretty stiff competition domestically.

The site believes that the film will debut somewhere beneath $65 million, which is a fantastic debut, but might see it fail to reach #1. That's because Judd Apatow's Trainwreck could take a chunk out of its haul with older moviegoers, but the real problem is Minions. After debuting with an amazing $115.7 million last weekend, it's expected to drop only around 50%, and may even near the $60 million mark. If it does better than expected, that could cause Ant-Man a headache.

Trainwreck opening weekend estimated at $25MM, that's a rounding error. Minions will be down huge. Ant-Man #1 this weekend easily.

Agreed.

It's been a while since I've seen a movie with as many commercials as this movie. It is making Jurassic World look like it didn't do any advertising!

How much is Disney spending to advertise this thing? I'm seeing commercials on every channel, even CNN, Fox News, etc.

Decent Rotten Tomates score so far with 77% on 57 ratings counted. That's already high enough to be much better than mixed reviews even if the score drops by 10 or 15 points. :applause: