• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Rudd is Ant-Man
1 1

1,296 posts in this topic

I have a feeling this is going to be a surprisingly good movie. Problem is none of my kids even want to go see it with me.

I have the same problem. The wife and kids have zero interest.

Its been out in SE Asia since yesterday.

Friend went to see it and had low expectations. zzz

Hes about 40 and does not read comic books at all.

I didn't tell him anything leading in to watching the movie.

He also doesn't know I collect comics... :whistle:

Texted me immediately after the movie and said..."Ant Man is awesome!" :headbang:

Edited by TheBook

It's almost at 80% positive on RT. That's pretty damn good!

Even a higher rating than Avengers: Age of Ultron.

(thumbs u

That is not hard to do, seeing as AoU was a weak movie....... lol

So I just got back from the 7:00 showing....movie is brilliant, lots of stuff I wasn't expecting. Rudd played it perfectly, I laughed out loud at least 20 times, but it was more subtle than Guardians. Doesn't follow the same tired formula, and I think that's why my 13 year old daughter said to me as soon as the credits started, now that was a good movie.

I think this one is going to grow, and I don't think MP #47 and #48 have seen their best days yet.

Jim

I was going to go see this alone while my fiancee' went to see Trainwreck, but she was pretty adamant that she really wants to see Ant Man. Surprised the hell out of me. I think GOTG is the gateway movie that made her want to see future Marvel movies.