• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas Comicon (Fan Expo Dallas) -- May 16-18, 2014

319 posts in this topic

I kinda like it because that is a VIP. At Wizard, they have like 8 different VIP packs and most of the time they oversell them. My sister had a VIP for Norman Reedus and she waited like 1 hour and a half to meet him, that's not a VIP. The new VIP is limited to 200, it's a "fast pass" for all autographs and photo ops...that's the type of VIP I was looking forward. I just hope I score one tomorrow.

So what kinda swag bags are they going to give dealers for spending $550 a table?

I hope it's something good. I bought enough tables to get something.

For your giant setup you ought to get a steak dinner and a limo ride to and from the con floor from those guys. lol

:news: From their FB page, a great idea that I wish they'd come up with earlier:

Virtual Queue at DCC: Hey guys, just an fyi, for non-VIP credential customers, most of our HEADLINE actors will have a virtual ticketing system so fans won't have to wait in a single line for hours and hours to meet their favorite actor.

If a single queue has reached it's max number of people, we will issue numbered tickets to any general admission, deluxe or premium ticketed fans so they can do other things around the convention until their number has been called.

You won't have to be present exactly when your number is called. We will call out 1-100, 1-200, 1-300, etc. So if you are #75 and miss the first call (1-100), you can still get in line later at 1-300. Hope this virtual queue makes sense and frees up some time for fans on the floor to enjoy other parts of the convention!

I'd gotten numbered tickets in Romita Jr's line before, and it made the rest of the day much more enjoyable since I didn't have to stand there all day.

I kinda like it because that is a VIP. At Wizard, they have like 8 different VIP packs and most of the time they oversell them. My sister had a VIP for Norman Reedus and she waited like 1 hour and a half to meet him, that's not a VIP. The new VIP is limited to 200, it's a "fast pass" for all autographs and photo ops...that's the type of VIP I was looking forward. I just hope I score one tomorrow.

Same here, waiting patiently online to hit F5 any moment now. I was a bit miffed too that the price for VIP went from $150 [originally] to $249 as of last week and now $299. I generally don't try to make that large of a purchase without all of the guests/attendees ironed out but I'm hoping to take the gamble and assume that they will take care of us with quality comic folks and a good media guest crowd.

Would be nice to see some extra exclusives thrown in for VIP like the Funko's or comics they normally do.