• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas Comicon (Fan Expo Dallas) -- May 16-18, 2014

319 posts in this topic

So the Con has its own ASM #1 Exclusive. Anyone know of any others?

Do you know what the exclusive looks like?

Check the Copper/Modern for sale thread

I did, and NYComics' thread has photos of all the various variants without specifying which, if any of those, is the specific Dallas variant. Does anyone know?

I checked FB and the show home page, and they said info on exclusives is coming soon.

Gina Torres added and Firefly Reunion complete.

Also, expect something big next tuesday..."Never say never.... The seemingly impossible task I set out to do six months ago has happened.... more soon. -Ben"

Also, expect something big next tuesday..."Never say never.... The seemingly impossible task I set out to do six months ago has happened.... more soon. -Ben"

I have to say I'm a little curious about this one. I'm hoping it is Mark Hamill, but then again I (selfishly) kinda hope it isn't since I'm going to miss the show and want to meet him and get his auto myself...

That would be an awesome get for this show though!

Funny thing...it was supposed to be announced next tuesday but once again Fan Expo f-ed up and they had to announce it yesterday, and it was Gina Torres.

I still don't see how the event is6x bigger...kinda disappointed at Fan Expo this time.

I still don't see how the event is6x bigger...kinda disappointed at Fan Expo this time.

I am delighted with them! As a vendor at this show, I'm stoked about the guest list, and the general excitement surrounding this show. I think it's going to be huge! Just the venue change alone was a big bonus, but this guest list is great. Would love to see some more comic creators, but hopefully they are not done announcing.

I agree, the guest list is very good for this show, the venue change will be great, and overall the show feels energized. I'm excited to see the progress, and am sorry I will have to miss it.

Considering that this show is competing with two other larger regional shows on the same weekend this list really is pretty outstanding. If this show can ever get a weekend to themselves it could explode onto a national level and be more of a destination show. I'd love to see that happen. Next year's WW St. Louis is scheduled for Dallas' traditional weekend, so we'll see if they move Dallas.