• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Top 10 Series of 2013

93 posts in this topic

Everyone who talks about super heroes dying needs to get on Astro City asap. I'm not a cape fan but Astro City is by far one of my favorite books. Always felt it was super heroes done right, since its Super Heroes from a more human perspective. Especially since it just picked up again now that Kurt Busiek is recovering in health. Besides, who can pass up all those gorgeous Alex Ross covers? Also Copra has been incredible so far. Sure its a bit more expensive but its the Suicide Squad concept done to perfection. I would agree that major cape comics are on the downswing but those two are brilliant.

Half Past Danger kind of has that American Century look to it. I loved American Century and most things Chaykin has done. What would you compare it to ?

It reminds me heavily of a pulp series which is why I was initially drawn to it, with just a hint of 80's action flick-ness to it.

I concur with everyone who said it was tough to come up with 10 titles. So much good stuff to read this year.

Top spot goes to THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS, same as 2012. Everything else follows in no particular order:

THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS

FIVE GHOSTS

EAST OF WEST

FATALE

FURY MAX

LOCKE AND KEY

SWEET TOOTH

SAGA

THE WALKING DEAD

LAZARUS

Check again for Superior Spider-man :grin:

1. East of West

2. Jupiter's Legacy

3. Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

4. Five Ghosts

5. Rat Queens

6. Superior Spider-man

7. The Wake

8. Trillium

9. Injustice Gods Among Us

10. Lazarus

**** I buy The Walking Dead and Saga in TPB form or they would knock something off the list****

I believe Letter 44, Manifest Destiny, Black Science, and Lemire's Green Arrow deserve honorable mention.

1. Thor God of Thunder

2. East of West

3. Walking Dead

4. Superior Spider-Man

5. All New X-Men

6. Batman

7. Five Ghosts

8. Archie Afterlife

9. Peter Panzerfaust

10. Prophet

Archie Afterlife does seem pretty cool. Have to finally check that out