• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your collecting goals for 2014?

148 posts in this topic

1) Spend more time appreciating and commenting on other collector's artwork.

2) Try to go back and appreciate everything I already own and focus less on the hunt for new.

2) Try to go back and appreciate everything I already own and focus less on the hunt for new.

This one is great, Chris. I will adopt this one for myself as well. It's so easy to get caught up on the next challenge around the corner. It's really important to take the time and enjoy what you (I) already have. ;)

This one is great, Chris. I will adopt this one for myself as well. It's so easy to get caught up on the next challenge around the corner. It's really important to take the time and enjoy what you (I) already have. ;)

Sometimes I flip through the ol' portfolios and find stuff I forgot I had. :cloud9:

Get all of my art scanned and posted. :blush:

And finally get some art framed, dammit!

That's a good one! I want to get more of my art properly scanned and posted. Best part-- no cash out-of-pocket!

Merry Christmas, everyone.

In addition to this I want to get several Prat spiral bound portfolios and organize the complete issues in their own portfolios. I hate having to organize everything in 48 page increments.

Just googled this.. hm . These look nicer than itoyas; I'll the next portfolio I need I'll grab one of the Prats instead. Thanks!

Get all of my art scanned and posted. :blush:

And finally get some art framed, dammit!

That's a good one! I want to get more of my art properly scanned and posted. Best part-- no cash out-of-pocket!

Merry Christmas, everyone.

In addition to this I want to get several Prat spiral bound portfolios and organize the complete issues in their own portfolios. I hate having to organize everything in 48 page increments.

Just googled this.. hm . These look nicer than itoyas; I'll the next portfolio I need I'll grab one of the Prats instead. Thanks!

Yeah, they are great portfolios, even if they are a little on the pricey side. I like that the number of sleeves is adjustable. It helps when trying to keep art from the same series/artist together.

If you find a place in PHX that sells these, let me know. :wishluck: I'm hesitant to order these online and not get exactly what I want.

As others have mentioned, focus on quality over quantity, and some of that Moneyball idea of trying to find potential valuation and market inefficiencies that also align with that I'm interested in.

Goals are tough to nail down, but some vague notions in no particular order:

1) A Criminal page or two would be great. One of the rare splash pages even better.

2) Definitely will hunt HeroesCon again as I always do every year with a buddy. We usually find a deal or two and its our only chance once a year to get together and peruse art and talk comics in person. Won't spend silly money, but always try to get a piece or two to remember each show by.

3) A nostalgia page for me (Knightfall, Jurgens Superman, Kolins Flash, etc) would be a nice addition.

4) Maybe another page or cover from Mind MGMT or some of the other creator-owned work I'm really enjoying.

First off, I want to keep my purchases streamlined to my specific wants. I tend to thrill buy at conventions and hopefully I can avoid that this year. I have 1 major one, and some minor ones. Art goals for the year:

1. Enric Torres-Prat Valkyrie and Hela commission. Been wanting this one for a while, and finally decided to go for it....just need to raise the funds first...haha.

2. Eddy Barrows Valkyrie commission

3. Mahmud Asrar steampunk Valkyrie commission

4. Rags Morales Valkyrie

5. Something from Ivan Reis. One of my favourite artists, and I still don't have a single piece by him. Anything that would fit into my collection, somehow.