• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Scam (Yeah, another one)

77 posts in this topic

I live in Austin and I check craigslist daily…how have I not seen this?

Scammers shifted away from eBay and migrated into Craiglist. Sorry you should stay away from Austin area. Move far away!

No joke!

Regardless of scammers, this city is full of hipsters, people lacking common sense, and just plain brainless snobs. I feel like I'm the only person who's normal and not trying to stand out…which probably makes me stand out.

Think I'll move to Canada!

So I responded to the Austin ad. The person has had it for a year and it belonged to his father. He does not live in Austin but in the Midland/Odessa area which is about 5 hours to the west of Austin. He said he will ship with insurance and will accept Paypal.

I would say "shipping via craigslist" is always a scam. Any other reason why this may be a scam besides the "too good to be true" price?

Also, the Cert number he gives is not showing anything on the registry.

Craigslist and too good too be true is enough

For me, craigslist key issue is enough.

I sent him an offer he could possibly refuse.

If he is on the up and up, I could be scoring one of the holiest of holy grails.

If he refuses, no problem for me. I will buy this at some point in my life.

This is a sold AF15 that looks highly suspicious.

Amazing Fantasy #15 CGC 5.0 ow Marvel Silver Age Comic 1st & Origin Lee Kirby

mikeep1223

C0dgHhr.jpg

zudMOTY.jpg

AkLGNj4.png

BIN completed for 2/3rd of the normal value of a 5.0 ($9,900.00).

Sale completed Jan 11, 2015 , 1:45PM; but certification shows Graded 1/12/15. hm

I don't see how this could possibly be faked. He had scans of the book, and the cert #. How you do fake that in advance of a book actually getting the exact same grade 1 day later? Much more likely that he received the pic of the book and listed it on eBay just before it hits the census.

Looks like the buyer got a great deal.

I don't see how this could possibly be faked. He had scans of the book, and the cert #. How you do fake that in advance of a book actually getting the exact same grade 1 day later? Much more likely that he received the pic of the book and listed it on eBay just before it hits the census.

He also listed a 10K watch and a ming dynasty goblet.

resizephp_zpsb7d6034d.jpg

That same cert number sold twice in 2014....once in March for $9600 and again in June for $17,500.

No.

Nice new sig line by the way though. (thumbs u

-J.

That same cert number sold twice in 2014....once in March for $9600 and again in June for $17,500.

How if it was graded this year?